Chapter 7: Which Direction?

Valerie’s POV:

~One Week Later~

            I know the guys mean well, but they’re annoying the hell outta me. I love them and all, but they don’t need to keep an eye on me EVERY second of EVERY day! I don’t mind spending more time with them, but when your own brother almost follows you into the bathroom, it’s just too much.

            “Harry!” I yelled. Oh, did I mention I got my voice back? “I know you’re just trying to keep me safe, but you cannot come with me to the bathroom!” He raised his hands in surrender and backed up, “Thank you.” I opened the door and closed it. I stood in front of the mirror and leaned on the counter.

            This week had been exhausting. The boys have dragged me to every signing, photoshoot, interview, and concert they had. It was exhausting hearing the screaming fans, the hate, all of it. Even some of the ‘comments’ were too much. I mean, come on, I really don’t want to hear about how some girl wants my brother’s ‘gravy’.

            I glanced at the bandages on my arms. I slowly took them off and examined the scratches. They had scabbed over and weren’t tender to the touch anymore.

            I sighed and walked out of the bathroom. Harry must have been leaning on the door, because when I opened it, he fell face first to the floor. I stifled a laugh and helped him up.

            “Really Haz? I was just taking off my bandages, not sneaking out of the hotel room,” I said.

            “Yeah, I know,” he said, dusting himself off, “I just don’t want to see you hurt again.” Aww… I hugged him tight. Even when he’s being annoyingly overprotective, he’s the best brother in the world.

            “Aw!” Louis cooed from behind me, “Cute brother sister moment!” Harry and I laughed, “Harry, Paul needs you to go with the boys to another interview. I’m staying here with Valerie.” Harry nodded and hugged me tighter before leaving. I walked to the couch and sat down, Louis following me and doing the same. He put an arm around me and the top of my head.

            “You know,” he started, “I missed hearing your voice. I’m glad it’s back.” I just smiled and gave him a quick peck on the lips. He smiled.

            I turned on the TV and I surfed through the channels, landing on the Disney Channel.

            “Really?” Louis whined, “Disney Channel?”

            “Yep,” I said, “There’s nothing else on. Besides, we don’t have to actually watch it.”

            “Then what do we do?”

            “Talk.”

            “About?”

            “Things.”

            “Okay,” Louis said, “What kind of things do you want to talk about?” I thought for a moment, then remembered something.

            “Hey, do you remember Darcy?” I asked, “From the animal shelter?” Louis smiled and nodded.

            “She was adorable,” he said.

            “I wish we could adopt her,” I said, “It’d be nice to have a pet around.”

            “Yeah, it would be.” It was quiet for a moment, then Louis spoke again, “Hey, you wanna go out and do something?”

            “Like what?” I asked. Louis thought for a second.

            “Well, we could go and visit the Sear’s tower,” he suggested, “Some of the fans also suggested that we go to something called ‘the bean’.”

            “Sure,” I said, standing up, “Let’s go.” We grabbed our coats and left a note for the others. Just to be on the safe side, Louis asked one of the security guards to come with us.

            We quickly walked out of the hotel and when we were outside, we slipped on our sunglasses.

            “So, where do you want to go first?” Louis asked.

            “I’m kind of curious to know what the bean is,” I said.

            “Alright,” Louis said, taking my hand in his, “To the bean we go!”

            We started walking, with a guard following close behind. After about five minutes of walking however, we realized we had no idea where the bean actually was. Louis walked over to a nearby girl and tapped her shoulder.

            “Excuse me?” he said, “Do you know how to get to the bean from here?” The girl turned around and her eyes went wide.

            “Hey,” she breathed, “Are you…?” She trailed off.

            “Louis Tomlinson,” he finished for her, “From One Direction.” The girl smiled, “Yes I am.” The girl held out her hand and Louis shook it.

            “I’m Holly Macentire,” she introduced herself. She turned to me, “And you’re Valerie, Harry’s sister, right?” I nodded and shook her hand as well.

            “It’s nice to meet you Holly,” I said, smiling, “Um, do you know how to get to the bean?”

            “Oh, yeah,” Holly nodded, “I was actually on my way there now.”

            “Cool, could you take us there?” Louis asked. Holly nodded.

            “Sure, follow me,” she said, starting to walk away. We caught up to her.