Chapter 22: Located

Valerie’s POV:
            My insides froze. I glanced over at Louis, who looked at me at the same time.
            “How long ago?” I asked. Liam had caught his breath.
            “An hour ago,” he answered.
            “Where?” Louis asked.
            “Um, Eleanor was spotted a couple miles away. The guy was spotted a few minutes away,” Liam said
            “Does Paul know?” Holly asked, trying to hide the fact that she had been crying.
            “Yeah, he’s the one who told me, are you okay Holly?” Holly just nodded. Harry ran down the stairs.
            “Guys turn on the TV- Holly, what’s wrong?” Harry walked up to Holly and pulled her in for a hug.
            “Nothing right now Haz,” she said, “I’ll talk to you later about it. Right now, what’s on TV?”
            “They identified the guy who was following us back in the U.S.,” he said, “Let’s just go back into the living room and turn on the TV.” We made our way to the couches and Harry turned on the TV. He flipped the channel to a celebrity gossip show.
            “Remember that picture of Valerie Styles and Perrie Edwards that surfaced a couple weeks ago?” the woman on the screen started. The picture of the guy grabbing my arm and Perrie calling to the guards showed in the corner of the screen. Holly gasped when she saw it.
“God damnit,” she muttered.
            “What is it?” Harry asked. Holly frowned. She looked pissed.
            “I know him,” she said.  
“The man in the photo has been identified as Derek Macentire,” the woman continued on the TV.
            “He’s my older brother,” Holly growled.

Holly’s POV:
            Why does he have to do this shit?
            Derek and I were both abused by my aunt and uncle after our parents’ deaths. I turned to self harm. Derek turned to booze and beer. As soon as he turned eighteen, he moved out of my aunt and uncle’s house and I hadn’t heard anything from him or about him since. Until now that is…
            “Wait, he’s your brother?” Valerie asked. I nodded and stood up. I ran my fingers through my hair, “Did you not see the picture before?”
            “No, this is the first time I saw it,” I said, “Trust me, I would have told you about this if I had seen the picture before.” I turned back to Valerie, “Val, I’m so sorry for this. I haven’t heard from Derek in five years; I didn’t even know where he was.”
            “It’s not your fault Holly,” Harry said, coming up behind me and wrapping his arms around my waist.
“He’s right Holly,” Louis said, putting an arm around Valerie, “The only thing we should worry about right now is him figuring out where Valerie is.”
            “What did he do?” I asked. I hadn’t heard the story about why Derek was following them before. I swear to God if he hurt Valerie…
            Louis and Valerie looked at each other and Valerie nodded, letting him know it was okay to tell me. Louis sighed and looked back at me.
            “He tried to rape her,” he said. Derek you little son of a bitch…

Third Person POV:
            While Valerie, Holly, Harry, Louis, and Liam talked in the living room, they had no idea that someone was eavesdropping on them.
            “Are you sure this is the place?” a man asked, looking at the door to the flat, being sure to listen carefully to the voices inside.
            “Positive,” the girl standing next to him said, “They haven’t moved since I lived here with them. They’re idiots if they think I wouldn’t come here.”
            “So,” the man began, “We both want the girl, we can work together to get her.”
            “I suppose so,” the girl said, “I didn’t catch your name before.”
            “Derek.” He extended his hand to the girl, “And you are?”
            “Eleanor.” She shook Derek’s hand.
            They walked away from the door and out of the building without being seen and the whole exchange being unheard by the boys, Holly, and Valerie.