Chapter 17: T'was a One Direction Christmas

Valerie’s POV:
            I was jolted awake by people jumping on the bed.
            “IT’S CHRISTMAS! IT’S CHRISTMAS!”
            “TIME TO GET UP! TIME TO OPEN PRESENTS!”
            “COME ON! I WANT BREAKFAST!”
            I opened my eyes and saw Harry, Liam, and Niall jumping on my bed. I threw one of my pillows at them and hit Harry in the face.
            “Guys, shut up,” I muttered, not in the mood to get up. I tried to turn over in bed, but Louis held me still. Wait, how’d I get in bed? Meh, Louis must’ve carried me up…
            “PLEASE VALERIE?” Harry whined, jumping on Louis’s legs, making Louis cry out in pain as he sat up, “SORRY BOOBEAR!”
            “Well, we’re awake now,” Louis said, looking at his leg to make sure a bruise wasn’t forming. When he was sure there wasn’t one, he turned to me, “C’mon love, let’s go downstairs so these boys can go and wake up Zayn and Perrie.” We both got out of bed and the Harry, Liam, and Niall ran into Zayn’s room. I grabbed the bag that had the presents I had gotten the boys and Perrie and Louis and I walked downstairs. I put the presents under the tree with the others and we sat down and waited for the others to come downstairs.
            Soon there was shouting and a crash and Zayn came storming down the stairs and he sat down on one of the couches, crossed his arms, and huffed. Again, really not a morning person, even if it was Christmas. Perrie and the others soon came downstairs. Harry sat on my other side, hiding something behind his back. I raised my eyebrow but he just shook his head.
            “Present time!” Holly sang as she walked down the stairs. She sat down next to Harry and he smiled down at her.
            Presents were passed around and we opened them. Harry got me a laptop (like he promised he would when I first came to live with them).
“Remember,” Harry said when I tore the wrapping paper off the laptop box, “This is for three birthdays and four Christmases.”
            Zayn got me an awesome looking paint splatter design jacket.
            Niall got me a donut print jacket.
            Liam gave me the first two seasons of Doctor Who on DVD. He and Perrie must have collaborated on gifts, because she got me the next two seasons on DVD. If it wasn’t already obvious I loved Doctor Who, let me make it clear, I love Doctor Who. It’s my favorite show!
            Next was Louis’s gift. I tore off the wrapping paper and opened the box to find a Doctor Who charm bracelet. I smiled.
            “You like it?” Louis asked. I shook my head, “Love it?” I nodded. He chuckled, took the bracelet, and put it on my wrist. I leaned on his shoulder and watched the others open their gifts.
            The doorbell rang and Louis checked the time.
            “Awesome, right on time,” he said, getting up to go answer the door. I heard some talking and a minute later, he came back into the room. He was holding something behind his back and was smiling wide.
            “Harry, Valerie, I’ve already talked to everyone I need to just to be sure it was okay to do this,” he said, “The other boys know about this as well. Now, Harry, Valerie, meet your new kitten.” He brought Darcy out from behind his back, a little bow tied to her new collar. Perrie and Holly ‘aww’ed and Harry ran to Darcy.
            “KITTY!” he cheered, grabbing Darcy and cuddling her to his cheek. The others laughed and Darcy meowed, “Is this Darcy?”
            “Yep,” Louis said. I held out my hands for Darcy and Harry handed her over. I massaged her head and she purred contently. I then put her on the ground and she turned around in circles, looking around the flat. She then ran up to Niall and began pawing at his leg. He picked her up and started tickling her chin. She lay on his lap and purred as she closed her eyes.
            “Looks like she likes you Niall,” Holly said, reaching over to pet Darcy. Darcy opened her eyes and she watched Holly’s curls bounce. She stood up and started batting at Holly’s hair with her paw. She continued playing with Holly’s curls for a while before Liam called us to the kitchen for breakfast.
            It was nighttime. Perrie had left to be with the rest of her group, Little Mix. Liam was in the kitchen with Harry, cleaning after dinner and he was making sure Harry didn’t find some way burn down the building. Niall, Zayn, and Holly were playing with Darcy and Louis was helping me set up my new laptop.
            “Which do you prefer? Google Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer?” Louis asked.
            “Google Chrome,” I answered immediately. Louis typed a few things and then handed me back the laptop.
            “There you go, all set,” he said, “Let’s take that upstairs and then we’ll come back down here and watch a Christmas movie.” I put my laptop in its bag, slung the bag over my shoulder, and Louis and I headed upstairs. When we got to the top of the stairs, Louis stopped me.
            “Wait,” he said, looking up.
            “What?” Louis just pointed up and I followed his gaze. Mistletoe.
            “Did you put that there?” I asked. Louis shook his head.
            “You know the tradition though,” he said, smiling, taking a step closer to me. He put his hands on my waist and pulled me closer to him, “I love you Valerie.”
            “I love you too Louis,” I whispered. Our lips touched and we kissed. I wrapped my arms around his neck and tangled my fingers in his hair. I heard someone clear their throats at the bottom of the stairs and I groaned. Louis and I looked down to find Liam standing there, looking up at us.
            “Don’t suck each other’s faces off,” he said, walking away, laughing. I rolled my eyes while Louis chuckled. He took my hand and led me to my room. I took the bag off my shoulder and set it in the corner. Louis and I were about to walk out of my room when we heard two people walking up the stairs. Something told me we should wait until they go by.
            “Wait,” I said. I pressed an ear to my door and listened to the people outside.
            “Holly, I was hoping I could show you something?” Harry said, while they were still walking up the stairs. I looked back at Louis, who was shaking his head.
            “So he put the mistletoe up,” he whispered, “That cheeky boy.”
            “What did you want to show me?” Holly asked. I could just imagine Harry pausing before the top of the stairs, just as Louis had.
            “Hey, look up there,” Harry said. There was a pause as Holly looked up.
            “Mistletoe,” Holly said. I could hear the smile in her voice. I carefully opened the door a crack to watch and see what they were doing. Louis was next to me, watching as well.
            Holly was on the top step and Harry climbed the last step so that he was standing next to her. They both leaned in, slowly, and when they were both sure neither one of them was going to back away, they closed the gap between them and kissed.