Chapter 11: The She-Devil

Valerie’s POV:

            “Did you say Eleanor?” I whispered. Harry nodded.

            “Now that I think about it,” he said, “I think it was her… yeah, I remember her face now.”

            “She smokes?” I asked.

            “She quit when she was with Louis,” Harry said, “Now that I think about it, I never saw her actually smoke the cigarette; she just held it.” I took a moment to process it.

            “You don’t think she was trying to cause an asthma attack, do you?” I asked, “I mean, does she know about your asthma?”

            “I’m pretty sure most of the fans know about it since Madison Square Gardens,” he said.

            “Why would she try to hurt you though?” I asked, “It’s Louis and me that she’s been after, why change her target?” Harry shrugged and took a deep breath of the oxygen, “We should probably tell Paul about our suspicions though.” Harry nodded.

            A few minutes passed and Harry began to sound better. His wheezing stopped and he said the pain in his chest was gone. The nurse came back into the room and gave him the all clear to go. She handed him a new inhaler and the nurse led us both back out to the waiting room. Louis and Liam walked up to us when we came out.

            “Hey Harry,” Liam said, “Feeling any better?” Harry nodded.

            “Yeah, a lot better.” He handed his new inhaler to Liam, “You better keep this; you won’t lose it.” Liam put the inhaler in his pocket and walked up to the desk to see if there were any papers to be signed. Louis stood there, kind of awkwardly.

            “Good to know you’re feeling better Harry,” he said.

            “You know, I’m still not done talking to you,” Harry said. Oh for pete’s sake…

*Later*

            “We’re back!” Liam called as we walked into the hotel room. Zayn came out of his bedroom

            “Hey! Harry’s good now?” Zayn called.

            “Yep!” Harry called. The four of us walked to the living room area and sat down.

            “Any idea what caused it?” Niall asked. Harry and I exchanged glances.

            “You remember all that smoke outside the hotel?” Harry asked. Liam, Zayn, and Niall nodded, “That’s probably what caused it.”

            “Where’d all that smoke come from anyways?” Niall wondered aloud.

            “Someone was smoking,” Harry said, “And they looked a lot like a certain someone.” Liam raised his eyebrows.

            “Which certain someone?” he asked.

            “Her.”

            “Alright, here’s the tape you wanted,” Paul said as he handed a video tape to Liam.

            “Thanks Paul,” he said, “We’ll let you know if we find anything.” Liam closed the door and headed to the VCR. He put in the tape and fast forwarded to an hour ago.

            “Okay, so there’s the smoker,” Louis said, pointing to the person on screen, “But you can’t see her face clearly.”

            “I think there are some other camera angles,” Liam said. He fast forwarded the tape again until it was at a different angle.

            “Stop,” Harry said. Liam paused the tape and Harry pointed to the smoker, “You can see her.” The smoker had her head hidden in a hood and her face was half hidden, but we could still see who it was.

            “Yep,” Liam said after getting a closer look, “That was Eleanor.” Liam played the footage again. On screen, Eleanor was staring intently at Harry, and blowing the smoke towards him.

            “That bloody bitch!” Harry growled, “She knew about my asthma! She tried to fucking kill me!” Liam left to go and tell Paul.

            “The only thing is, why would she try to kill you Harry?” Zayn pointed out. Before anyone could answer, mine and Louis’s phones went off at the same time. I pulled mine out and looked at the contact, but I didn’t recognize it.

            “What the hell does she want?” Louis muttered, opening the text. I opened the text I got and read it.

            How’s Harry doing? Asthma’s still bad I see. –E.

            “God damn it,” I muttered. I looked over at Louis, who was turning a bright shade of red. I walked over to him and read the text he got. It was the same as mine.

            “What’s going on?” Liam asked, coming back into the room.

            “I have no idea,” Niall said, “What’s going on guys?”

            “Eleanor,” Louis said and held out his phone for the boys to read the text.    “Don’t respond,” Liam said, “She’s just trying to get to you guys.” He took both of our phones and blocked Eleanor’s number. He handed the phones back to us, “Now, I say we try and get our minds off of everything and watch a movie, okay?” We all nodded and Liam went to put a movie in. Harry and Zayn sat on the couch while Niall went to get popcorn. Louis and I took our seats on the loveseat and I snuggled close to him. Liam took the spot on the couch next to Harry. Niall came back with a couple bags of pre-popped popcorn and sat down on an armchair. He opened one of the bags and immediately started eating. Louis reached over to grab one of the other bags and Niall slapped his hand away.

            “No touchie,” Niall hissed in a weird voice. Louis just rolled his eyes and took the bag anyway.

Liam started the movie and I groaned when I saw that it was a horror. Louis chuckled.

            “No worries love,” he whispered in my ear, “I’ll protect you.”