Chapter 27: Over It

Kiara’s POV:
            When our lips met I felt sparks, fireworks, bombs, and nuclear explosions go off. I had been waiting for this moment for years and now, it was happening!
            All too soon, we pulled away from the kiss.
            “That was…” I began.
            “Amazing.” Niall finished for me. I smiled, then a thought occurred to me and I frowned, “What’s wrong Kiara?” Niall asked, noticing my frown.
            “I don’t want to be a rebound girl, Niall,” I said. He sighed.
            “You don’t know, do you?” he asked. I just raised an eyebrow.
            “What are you talking about?” I asked. He sighed again and half smiled.
            “I’ve liked you for a long time Kiara,” he said, “I thought I loved Candy, but now I know that I was just lying to myself. I don’t know why I didn’t see it before, but Kiara, I love you.” I smiled and looked down.
            “How long?”
            “Since before the X Factor.”
            “Then why did you date Candy in the first place?” Niall sighed.
            “I don’t know,” he said, “I guess I was just… lonely.” I rolled me eyes.
            “That’s not a very good excuse Niall,” I said.
            “I know that,” he said, “But just know that I’m telling the truth. I’ve loved you for a long time Kiara. You are not the rebound girl.” I smiled and kissed him again.
            “So where does this leave us?” I asked after pulling away from the kiss. Niall paused before answering.
            “I don’t want to be just friends,” he said, “I want to be with you.” I smiled.
            “I want to be with you too,” I said, “But everyone else will think you’re only with me to get over Candy.” We were silent for another moment.
            “Why don’t we keep it a secret?” Niall said, “At least until the whole ‘Candy’ thing passes.” I nodded.
            “We should probably go downstairs,” I said, “They’ll be wondering how you’re doing.” Niall nodded and we both stood up. He kissed me one more time before we left the bathroom, then we headed down the stairs, stopping at the bottom where no one could see us.
            “What’s taking them so long?” I heard Holly ask, “Are you sure Niall was okay up there?”
            “He stopped crying as soon as he saw the scratches on Kiara’s cheek,” Liam responded, “But I’m sure he’s still hurting.” I turned to Niall.
            “Are you sure you’re okay?” I asked him quietly. Niall nodded.

Niall’s POV:
            I was okay now. Candy wasn’t the one for me; she wasn’t my princess. But Kiara…
            I had liked her before the X Factor, but when One Direction’s popularity grew and Kiara and I didn’t talk as much as we used to, the feelings faded a little. When Kiara got here though, I guess I started to fall for her again.
            “She wasn’t the one for me,” I whispered. Kiara nodded and we both walked down the rest of the stairs and into the kitchen without talking to the others. Kiara went to work making two cups of hot chocolate. I sat down at the table and watched her as she worked. I heard someone walk into the kitchen and I looked up to see Liam sit down next to me.
            “You okay Niall?” he asked. I nodded. Kiara walked over and set a cup down in front of me and sat down opposite me.
            “Yeah, I’m fine,” I said, “You guys were right about her.” Liam sighed.
            “We’re not happy that it took her cheating on you for you to see that though.”
            “Its fine Liam,” I said, “I don’t think I ever really liked her anyways. I was just lonely.”
            “You sure?” I glanced over at Kiara, who was looking down at her hot chocolate.
            “Yeah, I am.”