10

09; is he a he,
or an it?

Chastity looks around at the modest farmhouse, fairly interested. None of the team ever knew that Clint had a house anywhere. Let alone a wife and kids.

"Gentlemen, and Lady, this is Laura." Clint gestures to his very pregnant wife.

"I know all of your names." She responds awkwardly, specifically eyeing Chastity and Loki. They stand together, Natasha on Chastity's other side, both of them practically holding their daughter up.

"Does she need to sit down?" Laura gestures to the couch. Natasha smiles gratefully.

"Thanks Laura. She got whammied way harder than us I guess." Loki wraps an arm around Chastity and sits quietly next to her, taking her weight as she relaxes.

"Oh, imcoming." Theres a flurry of little feet, and around the corner comes two kids, one older and one younger.

"Dad!" The little girl shouts, stretching her arms up to him.

"I see her!" He lifts her into the air and kisses the top of her head. His son wraps his arms around him at waist height. "Hey, buddy! How you guys doing?"

"These are... smaller agents." Tony mumbles.

"Look at your face! Oh my goodness." Chastity smiles at the affection he bestows upon his children.

"Did you bring aunty Nat?" The girl asks, causing Loki and Chastity to raise an eyebrow.

"Why don't you hug her and find out!" She scoops the girl, now known as Lila Barton, up and squeezes her tight.

Steve clears his throat, "sorry for barging in on you."

"Yeah, we would have called ahead. But we were too busy having no idea you existed." Tony remarks sarcastically.

"Yeah well, Fury helped me set this up when I joined. He kept it off SHIELD's files, I'd like to keep it that way." He looks pointedly to Stark and Banner, who were the cause for this mess. "I figure its a good place to lay low."

Nat moves away from her step-daughter for a moment, just to greet Laura and her unborn baby.

"How's little Natasha, huh?" She crouches down and places her hands on Laura's very distended stomach.

"She's... Nathaniel." Nat frowns, looking again to her stomach.

"Traitor." Chastity giggles softly from her spot on the couch. Both women smile warmly at her from where they stand.

Thor steps out of the house, alone, followed by the concerned gaze of his brother. Pardon, adopted brother.

Loki checks to make sure Chastity is okay on her own before rising to follow Thor outside.

"Brother."

Thor turns to face Loki and sighs, "I saw something in that dream. I need answers, I won't find them here." He swings his hammer around and uses it to propel himself off of the Barton family land.

"Dad?" Chastity stands on the porch watching her uncle leave. Loki smiles reassuringky at her.

"He'll be back soon enough, my love." He leads her to a chair on the porch as the rest of the team steps out of the house for some air.

Steve and Tony take it upon themselves to start chopping wood, Clint and his son start work on a wobbly piece of the railing, and Loki and Natasha decide to take a walk. With heavy reassurance from Chastity that she's fine, of course.