11

10; pretty sure that robots
aren't meant to be arrogant

"It's beautiful." Helen Cho circles around the glass cradle, where she's engineered vibranium and artificial human tissue to bond together; with Ultron's persuasion. "The vibranium atoms aren't just compatible with the tissue cells, they're binding them. And SHIELD never even thought..." Ultron rolls his eyes.

"The most versatile substance on the planet and they used it to make a Frisbee. Typical of humans, they scratch the surface and never think to look within." He smashes the jewel at the end of Loki's scepter, revealing the glowing mind stone within.

He takes the stone and places it onto the head of te new body.

○○○○

Chastity shoots forward with a gasp, finally pulling herself out of the vision. She looks to Loki, who sits beside her, watching over her.

"He found the stone." She mumbles, low enough so only Loki can hear. He growls, but leans forward to kiss her head.

"Thank you, darling. Rest now."

The team is now on a quinjet again. Flying towards Helen Cho's lab. Banner, Loki, Chastity and Fury returned to New York, because Banner instisted that Chas be no where near the action, and Stark made his way to NEXUS. The rest of the team has one objective; find Ultron.

Clint swoops the jet low, dropping Steve on the roof of Cho's laboratory.

"Two minutes, stay close." He calls into the comms.

Clint steers the jet away keeping distance but within range so he can get to Steve quickly.

○○○○

Chastity lays on a medical table next to Bruce, who stands writing things down like he's her therapist.

"Honestly, Uncle Bruce. I'm fine. Can I please get up and go eat something, now? I'm starved." The scientist rolls his eyes but agrees, allowing her to get up off the bed.

Just as she is about to lave the room, Chastity is just about bowled over by Tony, who runs in, past Bruce, to the more technical part of the lab. The two look at each other with raised eyebrows.

They follow him in and see him fiddling with one of the computers, trying to upload a program.

"You okay, Tony?" He looks up into the concerned faces of his friends and smiles, awkwardly.

"Yeah, of course."

○○○○

After Chastity had eaten something, she returned to the lab to find the cradle, now returned, with Clint but no Steve or her mom. Turns out Nat had been taken by Ultron during the fight.

"Anything on Nat?" Bruce asks, seeming worried. Loki stands with Chastity, by the door. He seeths quietly with anger and worry. If he had just been there perhaps he would have been able to stop it.

"Haven't heard, but she's alive. Otherwise Ultron would be rubbing our faces in it." Thats not reassuring at all.

Loki rolls his eyes.