18

18; what evil lurks
behind pug faces

This infirmary needs some serious attention. Everything is so bland and mundane to look at. At least for Chastity, who grew up dancing in ballrooms and sleeping in a room with gold worth the entire Roman Empire adorning almost every surface.

She's a girl with expectations.

Her eyes wander lazily as she lays on the thin, uncomfortable mattress. Draco hadn't left her side the entire time she was unconscious; Madam Pomfrey had to shoo him with a broom when he started to stink from days without proper cleaning.

There's something oddly charming to Chastity about the thought of never being alone.

The large expanse of unused beds keeps Chastity occupied with counting, for all of thirty seconds. There are thirty beds after all.

The heavy wooden doors swing open, and the daughter of Loki slams her eyes shut, preferring to not socialize.

With the room cloaked in late-night shadow, the new presence can easily slip in and out, grabbing whatever they need before sliding the door back into position.

Her eyes reopen and she gives a little grumble; attempting to sit up. Her muscles ache, badly. That little trick she pulled drained all of her energy and what felt like a chunk of her very being. But the stone is working to repair that. Not quickly enough.

She had been on the phone with her Uncle already. She was to be picked up tomorrow.

Chastity scoffs at the thought. By picked up, she knows Tony means: lifted from her hospital wing bed, into a gurney, loaded on a quinjet and bedridden in the infirmary at the new upstate facility until further notice.

Hooray.

She finally gets to a seating position, after several minutes of straining and breathes a heavy sigh.

"God I hate hospitals."

One good thing to come of all this was, that she was exempt from the stress of exams this year, a bonus.

The door swings open again and Chastity peaks around the curtain that conceals her bed from view. She expects it to be Madame or Draco, not Parkinson.

The pug-faced girl shuffles along the tile floor, a sneer permanently etched into her lips. In her hands, she clutches a vial. The liquid inside it is quite ominous looking.

The thought of whatever it is makes Chastity's stomach churn.

Pansy approaches her bed slowly, making certain to not make any noise. As she draws near to her curtain hiding place Chastity prepares to jump out and scare the Slytherin girl.

Suddenly, the door swings open again, and with a shriek, Parkinson drops the vial. The glass shatters sending the liquid flooding onto the tile.

"Pansy!" The word is shouted in a whisper tone. It's Zabini? What is he doing with Parkinson? " I don't know what's taking so long or what you're up to but hurry up! Pomfrey's coming!"

The Slytherin student huffs and bends down to scrape up the glass representing her plan. Whatever it was now useless.

She scampers back towards Blaise, who shuts the door behind him.