13

12; yeah, fuck you,
fat man

"You should be at school, Chastity!" Hermione scolds angrily. The daughter of Loki loses focus of keeping the bots at bay to retort angrily.

"Yes, school is far more important than global extinction. How could I forget?" In her lapse of focus she is slammed into from behind, sending her flying through a building's foundation.

Draco and Harry gasp and go to run to her only to be ripped from the vision when they let go of their companion's hands.

Immediately they grab back on.

"Fucking ow!" McGonagall looks flustered at the use of language.

She retaliates by rushing back out of the building and ripping the rogue bot apart with her bare hands.

"Look, Professors, if I don't die here today, I will be back in time for class. Now with all do respect, fuck off." With that she shoves the group out of her mind.

○○○○

There's a break in the onslaught and the group finds themselves all standing around the city, looking out at the view.

"The next wave is gonna hit any minute, what you got Stark?" Steve looks to the billionaire who sighs.

"Well nothing great, maybe a way to blow up the city. That'll keep it from impacting the ground if you guys get clear." Chas frowns and looks to her mom, who stands with her and Steve.

"Damn, the universe really doesn't want me to go to school. Nothing we can do about that I guess." She jokes half-heartedly to Natasha, who smiles sadly.

"I asked for a solution, not an escape plan." Steve growls.

"Impact radius is getting bigger every second. We're going to have to make a choice."

"Cap." He looks exasperatedly to Nat, "these people are going no where. If Stark finds a way to blow this rock..."

"Not 'til everyone is safe."

Chastity raises an eyebrow, "everyone up here versus everyone down there? There's no math there." She interjects.

"I'm not leaving this rock with one civilian on it."

"I never said we should leave." Chas retorts. The comms fall silent at her comment, and the adults feel their hearts break at the maturity Chastity needs to have for this situation. "There's worse ways to go." She shrugs.

"Besides," Nat wraps an arm around her step-daughter. "Where else are we going to get a view like this?"

"Glad you like the view, Romanoff, 'cause its about to get a whole lot better." Chastity smiles widely and looks over to Nat who mirrors her expression. Loki appears on Chas's other side and joins the hug. For once he's happy to see Fury. "Nice, right? I pulled her out of the mothballs with a couple of old friends. She's dusty, but she'll do."

"Fury you son of a bitch."

"Oh, you kiss your mother with that mouth?"

○○○○

Chastity stands in front of a building that houses a massive amount of civilian bystanders. She hold up her arms, keeping a barrier between the wreckage and them. Once the next boat is up, she lowers the barrier and allows them to run through. They frantically pile onto the barge.