01

01; what is a hogwart

The letter itself was unassuming. Rolled into a tight coil and held together by an intricate wax seal. Honestly, to Chastity, it looked like something Tony received for graduating MIT.

But what is unusual is that it was delivered, attached to the leg of a screech owl. It pecked at her until she removed the note from its leg and threw it a piece of her breakfast, not thinking about it being eggs.

The script inside is intricate and loopy. Which was certainly not written by anyone in the tower. Loki reads over her shoulder, eyebrows raising with every line.

Steve, who stands by the stove, watches on with an amused expression.

"What is a hog wart." Loki looks to Steve, who chuckles, shrugs, and turns back to scrambling eggs on the stove.

"Dear Ms. Romanoff-Lokisdottir,

We are sorry to have missed you on your eleventh birthday. Still, your magical signature was mistaken for that of a fully trained witch." Chas looks up at her father. "Did whoever wrote this just call me a witch?"

She continues to read, becoming more confused by the second.

"We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. We await your reply by owl no later than July the thirty-first. Sincerely, Deputy Headmistress Minerva McGonagall."

Natasha, having just walked in, looked absolutely bewildered. "Who, what?"

It's Loki who beings her with the letter to read.

"Chastity, my love. This... I don't even know what to say." Loki places a kiss on his daughter's head.

The owl sat next to her on the counter, hoots indignantly and pecks at the last sentence. 'We await your reply by owl, no later than July the thirty-first.' Today is the twenty-ninth of July, so two days to decide.

"Two days to decide? Best make a decision right now." Loki raises an eyebrow again.

He shares a look with his wife as she laughs, "you two are practically carbon copies."

"You can go if you want, love. That doesn't mean you have to stay. Try it out for a few weeks and then make a decision." The room stops. No matter how many years it's been, they just can't seem to get used to a reasonable Loki.

"Does anyone have a pen?"

○○○○

Harry looks to Ron and Hermoine, who sit with him in their train compartment for once quietly. It's nice, the quiet. It's a change from the constant chittering floating through the vents of the Dursley's place. Dudley just can't seem to find any sleep, and so he talks to himself. Constantly.

There's a distant shout from down the train, "anything from the trolley!?" Ron glances up, looking as if he wants food, but then seems to remember something and goes back to fiddling with his wand. He knows that money in his pocket is to be kept for the Hogsmeade trip. He's meant to buy Ginny a birthday present by the first one.

"Anything from the trolley dears?" Screw Ginny, Ron is hungry now.

He stands, Harry behind him and reaches the door, half leaning out.

"A packet of droobles and a licorice wand, please," he glances down at the three coins in his hand, "just the droobles, actually."

Harry hands his money over wordlessly and grabs his own candy, glances behind the trolley woman and spies Cho Chang. Three other girls stand behind her; two of them are clearly her friends, the last is looking down at something in her hands.