02

02; consider me impressed

The first day of classes is dull. Potions with the Gryffindors, Transfiguration with Hufflepuffs, Divination alone and then a spare. She doesn't get to do Defence until Thursday, again with Gryffindor. Much to the disdain of Chastity's Slytherin classmates.

Luna Lovegood attached herself to Chas in the hallway after helping Luna get her shoe down from the rafters. Hasn't left her side since then.

"The wackspurts are making a nest in your hair."

"I'm sure they are Luna." The two of them enter the great hall for supper, as does everyone else.

"Would you like to sit with me tonight?" Luna's airy voice calls.

"Is that even allowed?" One of the Ravenclaw prefects that walk behind them answers.

"Oh, for sure, as long as it's not the first day, none of the professors care much." Chastity and Luna look back in unison as he introduces himself, "I'm Joeseph Atkinson, the fifth year Ravenclaw Prefect." He sticks his hand out, which the Slytherin girl shakes.

"Chastity Romanoff."

They sit down at the Ravenclaw table just as the elves fill the hall with an extensive array of mains and sides.

Potatoes, carrots, roast beef, rotisserie chickens, yam bakes, clam bakes, and vegetable medleys. Puff pastries, rice bowls and platters of sushi.

Chastity is far more impressed with tonight's spread than last night's. She has much more familiar options. Although she still doesn't enjoy most of the opportunities presented, it's an improvement.

Everyone is exhausted; Snape decided to throw in 15 extra inches of parchment onto their potions assignment. Trelawny predicted that Hannah Abbott from Hufflepuff would die in a fiery explosion because she saw a carrot in her tea leaves. A very eventful first day of classes at Hogwarts for Chastity.

"Attention students! Today we have the honour of welcoming our two visiting schools, who, alongside our own pupils, will be competing in the Tri-Wizard tournament for eternal fame and glory!" The great hall erupts in applause. "First, the lovely ladies from the Beaxbâtons Academy of Magic, along with their Headmistress, Madame Maxine!" The doors to the hall slam open, and a horde of gorgeous women float in.

Each girl is dressed in fine silk robes of a beautiful periwinkle colour. Short coats hang across their shoulders, clasped together with shining silver fastenings. A strange hat dyed the same magnificent periwinkle adorns each head, pinned off to the side to showcase their beautiful blonde curls.

Behind them, an amazingly tall woman tip-toes in. Her large frame is wrapped in a royal purple fabric. Several hundred black ostrich feathers wrap around her waist and collar. She wears purple, crocodile skin shoes with silver buckles. Her hair is delicately wrapped into a knot and secured by two long plumes of the same inky black.

Dumbledore steps forward and takes her hand. He places a gentle kiss upon it and smiles up at her.

The Beauxbâtons girls look down, almost distastefully at the students of Hogwarts, before dancing their way over to the Ravenclaw table, giving the sea of blue a new shade.

"Next, our friends from the North Durmstrang! Accompanied by their High Master Igor Karkaroff."

The doors slam open once more, and 5 rows of men march onto the great hall's stone floors. Each of them wears a fur coat across their broad shoulders and a fur hat to match. Beneath these furs is a maroon tunic and black pants. Their freshly polished black boots shine against the candlelight.