15

14; running? i would rather
pull teeth

Madame Pomfrey is not very good at letting students leave the infirmary, as it turns out. Without persuasion, Chastity would still be in the hospital wing for another week.

Until the muggle stiches could come out.

No thanks.

So instead, she sits in potions class. There's a quill in her left hand and her right rests on a piece of parchement. On the parchement are the notes for the week she missed.

Draco sits beside her, having escaped Pansy's wrath after snubbing her in the great hall that morning.

The pug faced girl stews quietly behind the couple, and Chastity can feel the daggers trying to force their way into her skull.

Draco- her boyfriend, goes to wrap an arm around Chastity but she flinches violently. He accidentally brushed her side which is still ridiculously sore.

Draco frowns, "sorry love." Chas forces a smile and tries to readjust to stop it from hurting.

Harry and Ron, who sit on the other side of the classroom watch the interaction with smugness.

Hermione however, tilts her head.

She's sitting close enough to the couple to see the genuine concern oozing off of Malfoy. She isn't Malfoy's biggest fan by any standard, but she can recognize the real emotion he suddenly has access to.

"What's wrong with him? Thinking he can just touch Chastity like that?" Harry mutters to Ron, who nods along angrily.

"Slimy git has no right."

"Leave them alone. Honestly do you two have no sense of privacy?" Hermoine defends.

"What are you on about, Hermione? It's bloody Malfoy. He's a no good snake who has no respect for anyone that isn't pureblood. And last time I checked, Chastity is a muggleborn! What right does he have to touch her? Let alone look at her?"

Harry's rant, which only succeeded in stooping him to the level of the blood purests, drew the attention of every student present and professor Snape.

Chastity frowns, eyes burning from the tears. Was this true? Draco wouldn't love her or even tolerate her if this was true right?

She sniffs, grimacing at the pain it brings. With a quiet sob, although she's not sure whether she's crying over whats been said or the pain radiating around her body, she rises from her table and rushes out of the classroom; bag in hand.

Draco glares heatedly at Harry as the class starts whispering skeptically. He goes to follow his girlfriend but is stopped by a firm hand on his shoulder.

"Finish the potion, Mr. Malfoy, I will find Ms. Romanoff." Snape wheels onto Harry and Ron. "And as for you two. Fifty points from Gryffindor each, for attacking another student's character and announcing another's blood status. Each. Detention for both of you. Here at seven thirty." Harry flushes red and Ron slams his head down on the desk.

Hermione growls angrily at the two boys. "I can't bloody believe you!"

"If you would come with me, Ms. Granger."

Hermione gathers her things and follows Snape's billowing robes out the door.

As soon as he's sure they've gone, Draco storms over to the Gryffindors side of the room and practically roars in Harry's face.