17

17; so, i have an aunt?

The year is drawing to a close, to some it's a matter of finally, for others, its a matter of 'oh god I have to leave soon don't I? That means exams are coming up.' Chastity feels sort of indifferent about the whole thing. On one hand, she's passed every class so far with flying colours. On the other hand, she dearly misses her parents.

Except, she hasn't properly heard from either of them in weeks. From what she's gathered, her father is off world with her uncle on a hunt for infinity stones, and her mother is... somewhere. The plan is for her to return home and spend the summer with Tony, for as long as her parents aren't around anyway.

You know what else is meant to happen close to the end of the year? The final task. According to Harry, it's meant to be this giant hedge maze; how he found this information; Chastity doesn't know.

So here all the students sit, listening to the band play. The four champions, stand with their respective mentors. Harry somehow managed to ensnare the attention of Mad Eye Moody, but he seems off to Chas. Usually, her judge of character is impeccable, so she is understandably uneasy when she's anywhere near the strange ex auror.

Right now she's pushing her way through the crowd trying to reach Draco, who's platinum hair she can see across the entire grand stand that surrounds the quidditch field. Her body jerks to the right as someone slams into her left side, she isn't shocked to discover Astoria Greengrass is the culprit.

"Listen here you little slag, keep your filthy hands off of Draco Malfoy, we are to be wedded as soon as I've graduated from Hogwarts, as it was decided the day I was born; and I won't have some half breed getting in the way of that."

Chas is quite frankly taken aback by the statement of an arranged marriage. She says nothing, but raises an eyebrow and disappears into the crowd. Once she finally reaches Draco's side she doesn't say anything still. Instead, she sits almost uncomfortably by his side and grimaces at his attempts of physical affection.

"What's wrong, love?" She sighs, knowing he most likely has no control over the situation, she refrains from confronting him.

"Nothing, just some family drama." She leans into him, still feeling out of place, but focuses on the champions below instead.

Viktor is stoic, as per usual, Harry is practically jittering with nerves, as is Fleur. And Cedric is plastering a charming smile on his face to distract the crowd from his shaking hands. Dumbledore announces the beginning of the task and the champions are sent into their individual sectors of the maze.

The crowd can no longer see the action, and becomes bored very quickly. Some students, like Ron and the twins are invested in a nearby game of wizards chess, while others converse among themselves. Chastity isn't one of them. She catches the eyes of Pansy and Astoria and they smirk knowingly at her. She frowns and turns away. Which Draco so happens to notice.

He glares down at the duo and turns to his girlfriend in concern, "no seriously, babe. What's wrong?"

She looks up into his steel blue eyes and flares her nostrils. "It's just..." She looks back at the terrible duo below them and bites her lip, "my parents aren't going to be around when I get there. My Dad is somewhere with my uncle and my mom is working away somewhere else. I mean I love uncle Tony but I miss my parents." It's a deflection, but it distracts him for a moment.

"I could ask my parents if you could stay with us for a while?"He asks nonchalantly. She turns incredulously to him and practically yells her response.

"Uh no. Thank you for the offer, but I can't just not go home!" He frowns at her.

"It wouldn't be for the whole summer. You could go home for a few weeks, then come back here with me and we'll stay at the manor until it's time to go back to school." He smiles gently down at the frantic looking girl. "Besides, I already asked my parents and they said yes." She gapes at him and he leans down, kissing her nose.