12

11; in short,
you're all going to die

Chastity frowns, looking at her phone. The date says its the second of January. She's meant to be back at school by tomorrow. They're headed to Sokovia to fight Ultron for tomorrow. She's going to be late for the feast.

She sighs and Loki approaches her from behind, placing his hands on her shoulders.

"Whats the matter, lovely?" She tilts her head back to look up at him.

"I'm meant to be back at school right about now." Loki smiles.

"You might be a little late, but we'll get you there."

"That doesn't help."

Clint lowers the quinjet and lets Bruce out to go find Natasha, seeing as he is practically indestructible, and super smart.

"If she's hurt when you find her," Bruce looks back at Loki, "kill them all." Bruce gulps but nods.

The group gets to work evacuating the city.

Wanda puts her mind powers to work, persuading everyone within her reach to leave the city, Chastity does the same from where she hovers, covering the rest of the city.

Pietro convinces the police to help, with live ammunition.

The rest of the team prepares themselves, doing final preparations for the upcoming battle.

Chastity, while controlling the public, also keeps an eye on the rest of the team, finally being able to feel her Mom's presence.

"Is everyone ready?" Her voice sounds etheral almost as it sounds over the intercom between the Avengers. They will never get used to that.

A resounding yes is heard as a reply and Chastity turns her attention to the approaching iron legion rejects.

"Good, because they're coming."

Steve, being the leader he is starts a motivational speech. "All they want is to live their lives in peace, and that's not going to happen today. But we can do our best to protect them. And we can get the job done, and find out what Ultron's been building. We find Romanoff, and we clear the field. Keep the fight between us." He pauses and looks around, as if he can see the team from where he stands. "Ultron thinks we're monsters and we're what's wrong with the world. This isn't just about beating him, this is about whether he's right."

The team takes this in for a moment and Chastity smirks.

"Lets get this started."

○○○○

"Boss, your man's in the church." Tony looks down at the open church below him and angles his flight pattern down. "I think he's waiting for you."

Tony lands just outside and walks in, cautiously. He doesn't see him at first but then Ultron makes himself known.

"Come to confess your sins?"

Tony smirks behind his mask, "I don't know, how much time you got?"

"More than you?" Chastity listens in through Tony's mind.

Tony looks the deranged robot up and down. "Uh, have you been juicing? A little Vibranium cocktail? You're looking... I don't wanna say puffy-" Chastity snorts.