Escape

William Thompson's P.O.V

"He's been out for two days, you did a number on him" A feminine voice spoke. 

"Oh, it was just one rocket!" Another more synthetic said.

A dim light shone through my eyelids. My entire body felt heavy as if it went into hibernation.

'Wait what's going on? Two days!?'

"The second formula is completed" A third voice entered.

"Excellent, administer it to our experiment"

'What experiment?' I tried to move my body but whatever weight that held my muscles in place would barely let up. 

Then all of a sudden a sharp pinch originated from my right inner elbow. This sharp pain then increased all of a sudden when I felt something twist. Finally, I winced and shot my eyes open only to be met with a blinding light. 

"Oh, he's awakened!" The synthetic voice said. My vision turned towards my left arm to see a giant needle sticking out, the last bit of whatever was inside drained into my arm. Out of fear I tried to jerk my arm away however this caused even more pain in my arm, not only that but something held me down. "Careful, you could have ripped your vein" Someone said and the needle was removed.

As I looked up to see who held the syringe I was met with Immense terror as a set of two bright yellow eyes stared back into mine. I jolted and tried to jump away but I found myself bound to whatever I laid on. 

"Goodness you don't like us do you" The siren put the syringe down and backed away. 

"This table isn't stable so be careful" The synthetic siren circled around me with an evil smile. 

"What the hell was that you stuck in me!?" I shouted.

"An experiment" The first voice I heard spoke up as a third siren appeared at my feet. "You are our guinea pig after all"

"I don't recall giving my consent" I tried calming my nerves with a joke, only it didn't really work.

"Ooh, he's sarcastic too! I love it, once these experiments are over can he become my plaything?" the synthetic one hugged my head. 

"If he's still alive then yes"

The synthetic-sounding siren squealed and hugged my head even tighter. Despite this, the terror that formed in my core grew larger with each word they said.

"It has been fifteen minutes. Nothing has happened" The one who gave me the injection said.

"What's supposed to happen?" I tried to ask.

"Then let's wait the rest of the day, in the meantime, you'll make another formula in case this is another failure" I was ignored. "Can I not play with him for a bit?" The siren tightened her hold on my head even further.

"Absolutely not, we can't have any interference with the experiment" The one who administered the shot said as she made her way to the metal door. "Come along now we have other things to do"

"Such a shame, until next time darling!" The synthetic siren sighed and released my head. She followed the other two out as the door closed behind them and a heavy lock could be heard sliding into place.

As the door locked my head began to dart around the room to get understand the surroundings. Dirty white tiles covered the walls, there were no windows. An operation lamp hung above me and several counters and tables were poorly well kept. Bottles of drugs, Bandages and sanitation equipment sat strewn about the countertops. Surgical tools such as scalpels, forceps and tweezers laid on an old rolling table to my left. 

The room was nothing more than an old, unkept operations room. Though judging by the door I assume it this was to treat prisoners, or torture them.

As I looked down I found myself strapped to the table from my feet to my arms and torso with leather straps. I tried testing their strength by yanking my right arm, immediately I panicked as the table I laid on became unstable as it fell over the left side, crashing into the rolling table and landing on my left arm. I shouted in agony as a shockwave of pain shot through my sprained arm and into my shoulder. The tray of tools scattered across the floor in front of me. 

As I blinked a tear away I found myself staring at a scalpel only a few centimetres from my hand. Despite the pulsating pain I tried stretching my pointer finger to drag it back, however, I only fell short of a millimetre. I rested my hand for a second and tried again being sure to strain it to the limit. This time I was able to touch the tip and drag it partially towards me before my finger slipped off. I stretched out my finger once more and was finally able to drag it back to my hand and flip it around in my palm, but now I faced a new problem.

'Can this even cut leather?' I thought to myself as I began cutting into the strap using a sawing motion.

This went on for several minutes until I stopped only to see that a thin line appeared. At this rate, I would have been out in more than twenty-four hours. I needed a different solution.

And then a much easier thought arrived. I slipped the knife-edge in between the belt, pulling out its flap. I then went for the buckle trying to raise it. However, It was under some strain and the scalpel slipped out of my hand. 

Thankfully I was able to drag it back to my hand and continue. This time I raised the pin which stuck up, next I tried lifting the strap inside the buckle, this was somewhat easy as I was able to lift it up half of the pin. But then more strain made it hard to lift anymore and the scalpel slipped out of my hand again.

This time it was a bit more of a struggle to grab but eventually I held it in my palm again, However the strap fell back down the pin and so I started over. This time while watching the blade I put more strain on my fingers as the belt slowly lifted off the pin. Finally, the pin came out of the belt hole and I dropped the scalpel as I pulled my wrist free of the belt strap.

After letting my hand rest for another second I then began to unbuckle my hand and chest before moving on to my feet and becoming free from the table.

I jumped to my feet and raced towards the door foolishly trying to pull it open before remembering the lock. 

I frantically looked around the room only to find a ventilation shaft in the roof that was too small.

"Son of a-" I nearly cursed when another thought arose as I laid eyes on a folded metal chair. If I made enough racket someone would come to check it out right? The only problem was id have to deal with them. 

Despite the unavoidable problem I grabbed the legs of the chair and smashed a cabinet before banging it against the door.

I did this several times before leaning against the wall next to it and prayed someone would come.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~