Sneaking Under Fire

William Thompson's P.O.V

"Hmm...What a mystery" Akashi said as she skeptically touched and observed the cube Scheffield and Edinburgh retrieved from their own mission. "You mean to tell me that you've never seen this before?" Edinburgh questioned. "Isn't this a Sakura Empire secret weapon?"

"How am I supposed to know about stuff like this! All I am is just a lowly repair ship, remember?" The cat exclaimed. Akashi then looked back at the cube on the table and the gears inside her head turned once more. Then all of a sudden her expression turned to one of fear as her legs began to wobble. "Maybe they got it secretly from the Sirens, And if they did, it must be some seriously bad news!" She then crumpled to the floor and hid her head between her long sleeves. "I'm so afraid!"

Across the table, I stood pondering her words as I stared at the cube. Considering the Siren presence at Sakura Empire, Akashi's thought did seem the most feasible answer. If such was the case, then this made Azur Lane's situation all the more worrying.

"Hello I've returned" A calm voice spoke. "Welcome back Sheffield" Edinburgh welcomed her with a tea as I turned my gaze. "How did it go?"

"Scout planes are still patrolling" Sheffield said as she accepted the teacup. "It's safe to assume they have identified us, they know that we're hiding here"

Both Edinburgh and Akashi let out a whiny groan at the sound of the news. "How dreadful! what do we do!" Edinburgh whined. 

"Not much. The base already knows of our situation. We should be patient and wait to be rescued. Then again, I highly doubt the Sakura Empire would sit idly by if they were us" Sheffield said as she joined us at the table. Edinburgh nervously munched on the snacks they had brought and Akashi tried to warm herself up with some tea.

"OW HOT IT'S TOO HOT!!" She exclaimed after burning her lips from taking a sip. 

"Do you think If we found a way to give this back they would let us go!?" Edinburgh whined again.

"What an incredibly stupid question" I stated.

"Please don't let them catch me! I bet they're going to turn me into a shamisen!" The cat quivered in fear. The two then began to whine more as Edinburgh anxiously munched on our snacks. 

"So how did you end up there sir?" Sheffield asked me despite the obnoxious sounds. 

"It appeared the Sirens attacked us and grabbed me, I was their captive and apparently their experiment too" I stated while taking a bite out of one of the biscuits before Edinburgh ate them all.

"What do you mean by experiment?" She asked.

"When I awoke they shoved a syringe in my arm, said they did the same the day before while I was out, however so far there have been no effects, do you think Letitia would be able to do tests on me when I get back?" 

"Most likely so, I've heard she trained hard in human anatomy"

I mentally sighed in relief, whatever they put In In me has made me incredibly paranoid. "What about your arm? is it healed?" Sheffield then asked. I lifted my left arm and held it in my right hand. "No, In fact, it's really killing me, the sooner we get out of here the sooner I can get it in another splint" I then rubbed the forearm as waves of pain still pulsed through with each heartbeat.

"When are your friends getting here!? we won't last long!" Akashi panicked again.

"The more you freak out the bigger the chance we get caught! Pipe it down!" I shouted. Akashi whimpered and hid her face.

The roar of engines then gained in volume as two planes then soared overhead the church tower we rested in. Sheffield, Edinburgh and I looked through a crack in the wall to see the planes circle around and dive straight for us.