The Cube

HMS Prince Of Wales P.O.V

"After the battle, when the fleet split apart, we handed this over to the convoy heading towards Venalta. At the base there they ran several tests throughout the night but nothing of use came forward. When the convoy came back this morning the engineers here took a look for a while before turning up with the same results" I informed the group who sat around my office.

The red and black containment block sitting on the table opened showing the object.

"A Black, Mental Cube" Enterprise noted with curiosity. 

"The Sakura Empire's secret weapon is based on Siren technology" I replied. Suddenly the door opened revealing Thompson and his second, Ontario. "I understand we may be a bit late?" He asked. I smiled in response. "Only a tad, we just started in fact" Thompson nodded and took off his cap, tucking it into his splint. He then walked around and sat in the chair opposite Akashi, Ontario followed and stood behind him. "Sorry to interrupt, Please continue" He said.

"Couldn't we use this?" Cleveland asked. "It might neutralize those massed produced Siren ships they're controlling"

"The Orochi itself controls the Siren ships, the cube is just extra support" Akashi informed.

"Our intel said they were building something, I guess this massive warship, Orochi was it" Hornet spoke up.

"Then what is the relationship between the Orochi and this cube?" Vestal asked to which Akashi shook her head.

"What we do know, is that a Siren gave them this cube, and that Akagi has worked closely with that Siren" I said. 

"Sirens" Thompson corrected. "When I came to, there were three others that surrounded me" 

"Well if that's the case, Sakura Empire is engaged in a vast deception" Belfast commented.

Akashi then spoke to herself as the room became quiet. Enterprise then leaned in to touch the cube. As she touched it, her eyes seemed to cloud over in deep thought.

"Enterprise?" Belfast then spoke up after a few more seconds of silence. Enterprise then let out a small gasp as she came to her senses once more. "Are you feeling alright? You seem distracted like we lost you for a moment"

"Yes, I'm fine, It's nothing" She said in a subtle tone. 

"Either way I think it's best we continue testing it in case something does eventually come up" Thompson continued the topic. "This is not something I feel comfortable with being left unchecked, imagine my anxiety when I found out about it while I was at Venalta" 

"He's right" Vestal agreed. "If it is a copy of Siren technology, who knows what I could be for, Or the fallout it could create"

"Very well, it will be sent back to the lab for further testing" I said. "This meeting is concluded"

Everyone had gotten up to leave. As they left one by one Letitia squeezed past with a clipboard in hand. Thompson noticed her too as he said something to Ontario, she nodded and continued on while he waited for everyone to leave.

The door finally shut and left the three of us in a moment of silence. 

"Have the blood tests been completed Letitia?" I asked while raising an eyebrow at her confused state. 

"Er, yes ma'am"

"And something is in fact out of the ordinary?" Thompson asked as he put his officer's cap back on his head.

"Well yes sir but, it is not what you're thinking" 

"Then what's wrong?" I then asked.

"What's wrong is that there's nothing wrong whatsoever"

"Well that can't be right? can you check again?" Thompson's voice became a little heavy. 

"I did sir! but in truth the only thing I've noticed in your blood is a decrease in your iron levels" 

"T-Then perhaps it was simply a dream or an illusion caused by the injury?" I said.

"Unfortunately no, I had also checked if he was speaking the truth and I did in fact find two small abrasions that I quickly identified as needle punctures exactly where he described. Something was injected into him but nothing is wrong"

"I don't trust that for a second" Thompson sighed. "See If there's anything you missed, but please don't make it your top priority Letitia" He nodded and walked out of the room. Leaving Letitia and I alone. 

"How is he able to stay the same person after all that?" Letitia commented with a worried voice. 

"I have no idea, but whatever it is it's why so many look up to him"

Letitia only hummed in response before leaving the room herself. "Take care ma'am" 

I let out a sigh as I sat down at my desk before holding my face in my hands. "This war will require strength of unimaginable levels both physically, and mentally" I sighed.

"My you look like something heavy is on your mind" A voice spoke. My head shot up to see Illustrious standing in the doorway.

"Oh, It's nothing too big" I tried to reassure her.

"Mhmm" She smiled. "I was just heading down to the bathhouse. Perhaps some time in the hot spring would loosen you up?" 

I couldn't help but smile. "Illustrious you always know what someone needs" I stood up from my desk and made my way towards her. 

"Wonderful, let's have some fun" She said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~