Return To Duty

William Thompson's P.O.V

"Just a prick, but I shouldn't need to tell you that" Letitia said as she pushed the needle into my vein making me wince a little. Almost immediately the blood from my veins began to travel through the clear tubing and into a collection tube. The collection tube filled up rather quickly and she twisted a knob before detaching the tube and putting it aside. Letitia then picked up another from a line of eight other tubes and hooked it back on to the tubing before twisting the knob again and continuing on. All this happened in a small check-up room at the base hospital after I hunted down Letitia the moment I got back where she wrapped up my arm again and bandaged the cut on my side from the Sakura Empire ship, In return, I informed her of what happened.

"So let me run by it again" She said as she swapped out the tubes once more. "You were knocked unconscious as you were thrown overboard, woke up two days later to a siren injecting something into your arm, they said they did the same the day before. You escaped the straps that held you down, hit a siren in the head with a chair and found yourself in the Sakura Empire?" 

"That's about the gist of it, yeah" I agreed. 

"You know you had the whole base down when the search was called off and you were presumed dead, those under your command took the brunt of it"

"I figured they would have. Though I'm sure Ontario was able to take charge quickly, well I hope" 

Letitia had just attached the last tube when we both heard a commotion from outside the door. A voice with a Royal accent began shouting from down the hall. "Where is he!" it said and a few more voices sounded as if they were trying to calm her down. "What's going on out there?" I asked.

"I haven't a clue" Letitia snapped back to the tube and quickly detached it once it was filled. She then removed the needle from my inner elbow and placed a bandaid overtop. 

The two of us looked back at the door as the tapping of quick footsteps could be heard coming closer until they stopped just outside. "Here" Someone said before the door flew open and Wales stood in the doorway. Behind her, a nurse quickly walked away as Wales stepped into the room. "It's incredible to see you still alive Thompson" Her tone changed to a more professional one as she made her way over to me.

"Erm, I appreciate that Wales" 

"What on earth happened to you?" 

"Oh he got captured by sirens and taken to the Sakura Empire where they experimented with him" Letitia cut in as she removed the elastic tourniquet from my upper arm. Wales was taken back at the sudden information and a more worrying state seemed to fall on her. "What!?" She lightly shouted. 

"Yes, it was unfortunate to hear, hence the reason I'm going to test these blood samples. I'll get back to you later, your free to go sir" Letitia gathered the samples as well as the supplies and stood up.

"Thank you Letitia" I said while she walked out of the room being sure to close the door Wales had left open.  

A brief silence then fell upon the room as neither of us could think of something to say. 

"You look awful" Wales finally spoke up. 

"Well it was a rough time, I best get cleaned up" 

"There will be a meeting in half an hour, make sure you're there" She informed as I made my way to the door. "Also" She stopped me. "Ontario should be in your office, please go see her" 

I nodded in understanding and was about to walk out into the hall when she stopped me once more. "And William" She called my name, I turned around to face her. 

"It truly is relieving to see you still with us" She gave a heartwarming smile. I smiled back and nodded before continuing on. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once I was out of my ruined clothes and into a fresh sweater, I made my way to the lecture hall where Wales said Ontario would most likely be.

I made my way up the stairs and down the corridor before stopping in front of my office. I took a second before knocking on the door. "Come in!" A troubled voice behind it spoke out. I proceeded to open the door where I found Ontario behind my desk writing in a file. 

"How can I help you?" She kept her gaze on the file as she asked. 

"Well to begin you could tell me what the hell you're doing in my desk" I said. At the sound of my voice her gaze shot up from the file and she stared at me for a few seconds. Then all of a sudden she leaped up from my desk and bounded towards me knocking some things off the desk in the process. "Sir!" She said with joy as she embraced me with a tight squeeze. The sudden gesture shocked me a little however my main concern was my sprained arm that she was currently crushing. "Your alive!" She kept her tight hold on me. 

"That I am" I wheezed out. "But you need to let go!" 

Ontario released her tight grip however she didn't let go of her embrace. "How's Quebec?" I gave up and asked her.

"She recovered fine, shes up and running with a smile again" She laughed and eventually let go. "And were you able to take charge without a hitch?" I then asked another question, this time however she stayed silent for a moment. "There was a bit of a hiccup at first, but I promise I overcame it quick!" 

"That's a good start at least" I walked around her and behind my desk to take a look at the files she was writing in. In the file was a report on my disappearance. "I'll rewrite this when I get back, right now we have a meeting with Wales" I said. Ontario nodded and followed me as we exited the office. 

"Sir, what exactly happened to you?" Ontario asked.

"A lot, I'll explain it to you after" 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~