Conflict

William Thompson's P.O.V

I watched as Ontario's hundred and twelve-pound shells flew through the air and splashed down in front of a siren ship. "Gotten a little rusty it seems" I commented. Ontario merely grumbled as she lined up for another shot. I covered my ears again as her two six-inch mounts erupted once more, The siren ships then finally began to fire back.

"Keep it going!" I said before rushing back towards her superstructure. Just within the doorway was a cabinet containing a set of binoculars as well as various other things. Ontario's guns fired again while I grabbed the binoculars. As I was about to exit the hatch however, I heard a large splash close by and the ship then began to rock causing me to lose my footing and smash my head against the frame. I growled in pain as I fell backwards holding the area that collided with the steel hatch frame.

"AAGH!" I groaned and rolled over while still holding my head. The binoculars fell off of my chest as I rolled onto my stomach. "DAMMIT, AH HELL!!" I tried pulling myself up as I cursed, one hand still putting pressure on my skull. 

Once I was on my feet I took a second to regain my balance as dizziness began to briefly set in. I heard Ontario's turrets fire yet again while I leaned against the wall and shook my head, trying to get rid of this spinning feeling.

"Sir!?" A voice called out. Quebec then appeared in the doorway. "Sir? what happened?!"

"I'm okay, yes okay" Broken sentences were all I could get out as the dizzy feeling slowly went away.

"Your head is bleeding!" She tried to help but I put my hand up to stop her, however I found that it was covered in the crimson liquid she mentioned.  "Just a scratch, I'm okay" I shoved the thought aside and repeated my assurance before bending down to grab the binoculars where I also found my captain's cap had come off. I grabbed that too and shook away the last bit of dizziness before putting it back on. "Are you sure sir?" She tried to help me up but I stopped her once more.

"I'm alright. Now what's wrong?" The dizziness finally dissipated and I was able to speak properly. 

"Well that's just it sir, it's over, we got them all!" 

"Already?" I said in disbelief, Quebec smiled and nodded her head. I moved her aside and rushed out of the structure to see flames light up the sky. Looking through the binoculars I saw the sinking wrecks. 

"They're done for sir!" Ontario said in an enthusiastic tone. 

"That was too easy" I continued scanning the burning devastation. Ships with their rigging attached glided through the water as they too checked out the vessels. "This doesn't feel right" I commented.

"What do you mean?" Quebec asked. 

"I don't know what I mean, it's just a gut f-" Each of us froze when a faint whistling sound was heard intensifying with each passing millisecond. Then suddenly I caught a glimpse of something that hit Ontario's second turret before it immediately exploded sending me flying into the wire guardrail and almost fall overboard. More splashes erupted from the water as I sat against the guardrail in a daze. I watched as Quebec quickly picked herself up from the deck and rush over to me. 

"Sir!" She seemed to shout but it sounded as if she were much further away. Quebec helped me up to my feet as my ears began to ring. "-Got trouble!" Ontario's much fainter voice said. When Quebec turned her head towards the voice, I saw behind her Ontario's second turret ablaze. 

"It's Sakura Empire!" I then heard Ontario say as my hearing began to clear up and I was able to grasp the situation.

When I looked out to sea I found Charlottetown and others engaged with several Sakura Empire ships. Then I noticed the countless other engagements between the rest of the Azur Lane fleet and Sakura Empire ships. "Where did they come from!?" I exclaimed.