11

"Fuck

"Fuck." Randall muttered as we climbed through the window and a bell jingled.

"Can you shush?" I turned to look at him.

He mouthed 'sorry' back and I rolled my eyes and continued down the small corridor.

"Who's there?" Someone, presumably from The Order, called out.

That same person then made their way along the corridor we were hiding in.

The rest of us hid as Hamish just stood in a doorway.

"Hey. What's up?" He asked when The Order member shone his phone torch on him.

"Who are you? What are you doing here?" The Order member asked, not giving the expected reaction.

"Where are my friends?" Hamish asked him making him more confused.

"Yeah, where are your-" He started but Randall, who had hidden a little further down the hall, cut him off by killing him with a simple tear of his throat.

The three of us made our way into the medbay as Randall continued to kill the teenager.

"Why would anyone agree to this?" Lilith asked as we looked around the room at the 'sacrifices' who were letting out the occasional groan.

"They probably get something out of it like money for their family or some shit. Plus they were already dying." I shrugged looking at one of the monitors.

I looked at the man who was lying in the bed.

"Weren't you?" I asked him with a smile and he started panicking.

"Fucking cirrhosis." He replied, calming a bit when Lilith and Hamish joined me.

"The spell said 'willing sacrifices.' Who else would be willing to die?" Hamish looked at the other 'sacrifices.'

"Please. It hurts. Just kill me. Just kill me." The old man told us.

"That's why you sided with Jack." Lilith realized, looking at us both. I nodded in reply.