07

this chapter starts about halfway through the fourth episode.

•

I have been going to Belgrave for a couple weeks, thanks to Jack and Randall who managed to get me a scholarship.

I've been trying to fit in more with everyone.

I've set up my room in the house and I'm becoming good friends with the knights now;

I go hunting with them and spend most of my time with them when I'm not at school or doing homework, which Randall happily helps me with.

"Doesn't last? How 'doesn't last' are we talking about?" I heard as I walked in the den.

"I'm back!" I called out before walking into the living room.

"What doesn't last?" I asked, plonking myself down on the armchair.

"Life." Hamish answered.

"I hear that." I nodded.

"I've been a Knight got eight years. I'm practically geriatric. You hunt enough bad magic, bad magic will end up hunting you." Hamish said.

"Or you get hit by a car. The champions are temporary but the Knights are eternal." Hamish continued.

"And that's enough for you?" Jack asked.

"You ready to try again?" Hamish asked him, dodging his previous question.

Jack downed the rest of his drink then groaned slightly.

Jack was pacing back in front now.

I was sat on the sofa between Randall and Hamish, sitting slightly closer to Randall.

Lilith sat in the armchair next to the sofa.

I took some pretzel sticks from the bowl Randall was holding.

"It's no use." Jack told us.

"Try again." Lilith told him.

"We've been here all night." Jack replied.

"You do it this way or you do it the way I did it; breaking every single bone in my body with a hammer until I transformed and trust me, it's not as fun as it sounds, thankfully I'm a fast healer." I ate some more popcorn.

Jack sighed again.

"Again, we've been here all night." Jack told us.

"Your point?" Lilith asked.

"It's not gonna work. I can't wolf out unless I hear that damn timing. I can't control it." Jack said and I groaned, bored of the current situation.

"It's cause you're throttling down when you should be giving it some gas." Lilith told him.