02

I had to do it

I had to do it.

I had to call on my hide.

"Come on, Ace." I tried to shift into my hide but nothing happened.

"No, not now. Come on, Ace. Work with me here." I tried again and after some hesitation and the sounds of running footsteps getting closer, I managed to shift.

I started running again, this time finding speed without difficulty, the sounds of people soon fell out of earshot.

I began to slow my pace as the burning on my leg returned.

I felt like I was safe enough to slow to a walking pace in hopes of the wave of pain dissipating before I took off again.

After a couple minutes of walking the sound of metal embedding itself into flesh was followed by a sudden tsunami of pain throughout my body.

I couldn't hold my transformation and returned to her normal human state, dropping to my hands and knees.

"Fuck sake!" I groaned as I looked down to see a knife sticking out of my stomach.

I turned round to see a masked person who I could only assume was from The Order.

I spun round and tried to run as fast as I could while holding the fresh knife wound.

After what felt like forever I stumbled across a large brown house but I was running out of energy pretty quickly due to my injuries.

"Help!" I called out as loud as I could.

"Please..." I fainted, laying on the grass waiting to be found.

"And Ace is fast,dangerous,a born alpha, and..." Jack spoke trailing off while reading the old book to the 3 knights.

"And what?" Randall asked as they all watched him read.

"What?" Jack replied, looking up from the book.

"You have that look that you do when you are concentrating on something really hard." Randall says looking at Jack.

"Yeah, it's creeping me out." Lilith scrunched up her nose.

"Well, it says here that Hamish's hide, Tundra and Ace..." Jack started before being interrupted.

"Wait, can you hear that?" Hamish questioned.

"Hear what?" Jack asked, glancing at the others.

"It sounds like someone's yelling for help" Hamish explained before running up the stairs and out the door.

"I hear it now." Randall ran after Hamish.

"Oh, yeah." Lilith pushed passed Randall.

Jack sighed then got up and followed the knights.

Lilith, Randall and Jack all ran up the stairs to be met by Hamish running inside with a naked body in his arms.

"Who's that?" Randall asked with a concerned look on his face.

"I don't know, she was lying outside." Hamish replied while laying her down on the sofa.

Jack, Hamish, Randall and Lilith were all stood beside the bar, discussing the mysterious girl.

"What are we going to do with her?" Hamish asked, motioning towards the limp body that was lying on the sofa.

"I think we should just put her back on the step and leave her there until she wakes up then she can walk back to where ever she came from." Jack shrugged, still reading the book that he had developed a sudden interest in.

"Yeah, we're not doing that." Hamish glared at Jack then turned to Randall and Lilith.

"What do you guys think?" He asked as Randall turned to look at her, lying peacefully on the sofa.

"I'm not that bothered." Randall shrugged, keeping his eyes on the girl.

"Okay, what about you?" Hamish looked at Lilith.

"I think it would be nice to have another girl in the house, even if it is only for a few days." She replied, sipping her drink Hamish had made for her.

"Okay, sorted she will be staying here until she can go back to her family." Hamish nodded.

Almost as if she was listening, the girl shot up from her lying position, letting out a blood piercing scream.