18

"What'd he say?" Lilith asked Randall who had just texted Jack

I was anxiously waiting by the window watching as The Order surrounded the building.

"He wants us to protect Maddox." Randall replied, putting his phone away.

"They're circling the house." I informed the group.

There were quite a few of them, all dressed in their navy gowns and their white masks.

"What are they up to?" Hamish asked, joining me by the window. The Order's shadows dancing across the wooden floor.

"Knowing Kepler, something unoriginal." Vera replied glancing around the house as every window that was visible to us had an Order member stood outside it.

"Inflammetur!" A voice shouted from outside making us all turn in the direction it came from.

A bright light burst through the windows filling every corner of the room.

"Like that." Vera nodded, sighing. "Protegatur locus hic." Vera held her hands up as she spoke the incantation. The light from outside died down.

"How long is that gonna protect us?" Hamish asked, moving back into the middle of the room.

"Long enough for us to deal with them." Vera replied. Hamish smirked and started unbutton his waistcoat while walking to the front door.

"You're not ready." Vera glanced at Lilith. "Are you're in no position to tell me what to do." Lilith answered back.

Lilith tried to stand up but stumbled into Randall's arms. I felt a twang of jealousy run through me but I ignored it.

"But I'm choosing to take a second to recover." Lilith sat back down. "Keep an eye on her." Hamish told Randall.

"Two minutes, then I'm tagging in." Randall replied before smiling at Lilith.

I pulled my t-shirt off over my head while kicking my shoes off. "We won't need two minutes." Vera told Randall. "No killing." Vera told me and Hamish as Hamish pulled his shirt off.

"No promises." I smirked back at her, receiving an eye roll in return.

As we walked out the door I stepped out of my skirt. I removed my last remaining items of clothing before transforming, Hamish following my lead.

Instinct took over and everything became a blur. Hamish and I ignored Vera's no killing rule while Vera herself cast spells on the remaining Order members.