17

We all sat in silence as Jack drove us all up to the front of the house

We all sat in silence as Jack drove us all up to the front of the house. Alyssa and Jack sat inside the truck while Hamish, Randall and I were sat on the back.

"Why didn't he kill us?" Randall asked, confused.

"He's saving us for target practice." Hamish replied as the truck came to a stop.

Hamish and I stood up, jumping off the truck and onto the ground.

"We should probably-" Randall started.

"Give him some space. Great idea." I cut him off as he climbed off the truck as well.

"I was thinking more like a group hug." Randall told us.

"Nope." Hamish disagreed.

The three of us walked inside, leaving Alyssa and Jack sat in the truck. We walked into the hall but didn't go any further.

A couple minutes later Jack and Alyssa walked in. We all stood there in silence for a bit before Randall spoke up, breaking the silence.

"Jack. I'm so sorry about your grandfather." He spoke softly.

"Let's just...not talk about it." Jack replied immediately.

"Okay. Let's talk about Lilith. Where is she?" Hamish directed the end of his sentence at Alyssa.

"She wolfed out and distracted Edward, bought me time to escape." Alyssa explained.

"And then?" I prompted her to continue.

"I don't know." Alyssa sighed.

Randall, Hamish and I shared the same expression. "I'll check her hide locker." Randall told us, receiving a nod from Hamish.

"What we're you thinking? We had a plan." Hamish turned back to Jack.

"Alyssa was in danger. I had to help. That alright with you?" Jack replied.

"No, because you keep doing whatever you wanna do, and people end up dead." Hamish raised his voice.

Randall walked back into the room. "Lilith's hide isn't there." He told us. A weight lifted off my shoulders.

"Or missing, just as bad." Hamish told Jack. "The point is, how many more people need to die because of you?" He asked.

"Only one more." Jack replied then walked into the living room. Alyssa shook her head at us then followed him. Randall and I joined them, Hamish hesitated before following after us.

"Look, Jack-" Hamish started.

"I know we have to focus on killing Coventry." Jack interrupted, staring out the window.

"We have to rescue Lilith." Randall corrected him making Alyssa turn to us, annoyance written on her face.

"What we have to do is get that book away from Edward." She spoke.