05

I really wanted to know what they were talking about earlier 'are you going to tell her?" Tell me what?

I completely forgot that the others were following me until I heard Lilith yell my name.

"Dylan, wait!" I slowed down letting the others catch up.

"Are you okay?" Lilith asked when she caught up.

"Yeah" I replied with a smile before turning back to look at the path.

As we entered the campsite I came to a stop.

"This is it." I spoke, looking round at the abandoned campsite.

"Okay, spread out and look for any signs of life." Randall looked around.

I walked over to my hut.

The back wall had been completely destroyed, and the rest was clinging on for dear life.

I walked over to my bed, which was now covered in dust and debris.

I picked up my photo frame that had been knocked onto the ground.

The frame so smashed that I had to take the photo out of the frame to look at it.

It was a picture of her pack that we had taken a couple years ago, when we were starting to build a new home after the old one got destroyed.

I was at the back in the middle with the Alpha on my left and Sadie on my right.

I felt a year run down my cheek.

"Hey, you find anything?" Randall spoke making me jump.

"Erm no not yet." I replied shoving the picture into my pocket and quickly wiping the stray tear away.

We stood in an awkward silence for a bit before Randall broke the silence.

"Jack came to help." He informed me.

"Oh, okay." I sent him a quick smile before turning back to what I was doing.

"Is this your room?" He asked, walking further into the hut.

"It was, but now there is hardly anything left of it." I explained, moving around the hut over to some boxes.

I started rummaging through them.

Randall walked over and started looking in one of the other boxes.

We didn't find anything that interesting in any of the boxes. So we decided to check out Sadie's hut was to see if anything useful in there.

"Guys! I found someone!" Jack called, breaking the morning silence.

My mind started running through who it could be.

We ran outside and over to where Jack was knelt down next to a body.

It was Sadie, she was dying.

"Oh my god." I dropped to my knees beside her.

"Dylan..." She managed to croak out.

"I'm here Sadie and I'm not leaving." I took her hand in mine.

"Run." Sadie groaned before taking her last breath.

I started crying.

My best friend who I had known since we were cubs, my best friend who meant the world to me, had just died in my arms.

"Sadie, please." I sobbed.

"Stand up!" A voice called out.

I turned to look to where the voice had come from.

Right on the tree line stood a figure in a navy blue cloak and a white mask.

"The Order." Jack muttered as we all stood up.

"Okay, we need to get out of here now!" Hamish told all of us as the figure walked closer to us.

I seemed to be frozen, unable to move.

The others started to run back but Randall grabbed my wrist, dragging me after him.

My legs began to move faster and soon we were running back to the house.

We made it back to the house in one piece. More or less.

I had tripped over a tree stump on the way back, grazing my knee but I had continued to run.

"Hey, how you holding up?" Randall asked as he sat down on the sofa, Lilith following him into the room.

"Well I don't have anywhere to live, I watched my best friend die in my arms, my whole life is falling apart, but you know other then that I'm great." I said sitting on the sofa next to him with my elbows on my knees.

"You know it's not your fault right?" Randall told me as he copied my position.

"If I had stayed instead of running away like a coward, then I could of helped fight off the order." I said putting my head in my hands.

"You couldn't of fought of the order, you did all you could." Randall said pulling me into a hug.

"Wait here." Lilith ran out of the room and down into the basement.

She took over half an hour and by the time she ran back into the living room I was asleep on Randall.

"Wake her up." Lilith told Randall as she walked back into the room, holding a book.

"Lilith, she's lost her family and she doesn't have anywhere to go let her rest." Randall said stroking Dylan's hair.

"Trust me, she'll want to know this." Lilith opened the book to a specific page.

Randall gently shook Dylan awake.

"Right, Dylan, you might want to brace yourself for this." Lilith pulled a seat over and sat down across from me.

"Okay." She replied.

"When you first got here, Hamish had mentioned that he recognised you." Lilith started.

"Okay?.." Dylan glanced at Randall who just shrugged.

"Well, when we were looking through your campsite we went through a hut and inside it was a photo." Lilith continued.

"Where is this going?" Dylan asked.

"In the photo you were stood next to a man, right?" Lilith glanced at Randall then looked at Dylan again.

"This one?" Dylan pulled the photo out of her pocket.

"Yes, see this man?" Lilith pointed at the alpha.

"Mhmm." Dylan nodded in response.

"That's Hamish's dad." Lilith finally reached the point of her story.

Dylan didn't say anything, she just sat looking at the photo.

"And we have reason to believe he's your dad too." Lilith added.

"What? No, my-my dad died when I was 3." Dylan stuttered.

"No, he didn't. We found a note in the hut, it was from your mother. It basically explained that your his daughter but you mother had tried to hide you from him because, around that time there was a rule that an alpha can only have one child, and he already had Hamish." Lilith explained.

"No, I watched my father die!" Dylan shook her head.

"He wasn't your dad, Dylan, your mother had tried to make out that you were his so there wasn't any backlash onto your real dad." Lilith replied.

Dylan just sat there shocked still trying to process what she had just been told.

"That means..." She trailed off.

"You're an alpha." Lilith nodded.