15

A sharp ringing radiated around the room making us all groan

"Well, that was intense." Lilith spoke first, drawing our attention to the fact that this one was louder and a slightly higher frequency.

"It's probably Edward. And Alyssa, off making sweet, sweet magic together somewhere." Randall told us.

We all then gave him a weird look as he sipped his cocktail.

"I meant that in a literal sense." Randall explained.

"I don't want to talk about this anymore, okay?" Jack told us and we looked around the room at each other as Jack downed his drink.

"You know what? I just don't understand why she can't see what a monster he is!" Jack shouted once the glass was empty.

"That's because your monster is her idol. You can't tear someone's idol down for them, they have to do that themselves." Hamish told him.

"The Hamster's right." Randall sighed pointing at Hamish.

"Don't call me that." Hamish shook his head at him.

"I'm no fan of Coventry's, but objectively, he does have a high bang-ability factor." Lilith spoke up.

"You're talking about my girlfriend." Jack told her.

"Ex-girlfriend." I reminded him.

"And my dad." Jack gave me a pissed off look.

"He's not your dad. He's some guy who dumped his seed into your mom and took off." Lilith corrected him, making me laugh.

"Whoa!" Hamish exclaimed.

"You got a better way to describe it?" Lilith asked us.

"Biological father?" Randall suggested.

"Mm. Sure, that works." Lilith replied as Jack tried to eat the lemon skin before spitting it back into the glass.

"Maybe Alyssa's right about you quitting The Order." Hamish told Jack.

"It's not that easy. Remember what happened to Lilith and her memory?" Jack reminded us.

"I don't." Lilith muttered.

"If I'm lucky, that's all they'll take." Jack added.

"Knights, we have a new project. Find a way to restore Jack's memory. We can test it out on Lilith." Randall told us.

"I don't want my memory back." Lilith protested.

"Lil, it would be so cool. What if you find out you can shred the electric guitar? We could start a band. Randall and the Werewolves!" Randall shouted.

"Why don't I get top billing?" Hamish asked.

"If you have to ask, that's why." I patted his knee and he looked confused.