𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟻𝟹: 𝙸 𝙻𝚘𝚜𝚝 𝚈𝚘𝚞

~Tony P.O.V.// special video above for chapter//"Only" -RY X~

I sit on a stone half-wall just outside the entrance of our secret Avengers base. We're surrounded by trees, and just ahead of us is a massive, open field where our planes, here, and hellicarrier occasionally land. When they aren't landing, it's incredibly quiet out here. It's a great place to think.

I stand up from the stone, and walk toward the large, open field

I stand up from the stone, and walk toward the large, open field. The night sky is lit up with stars which illuminates the field. The cool air blows slowly as I stand at the edge of the field. I look out, thinking, observing, wondering where Anson is now. If she did in fact, truly die...where is she now? That's the million dollar question, I suppose, that we all have about death.

I hear the front doors open again, and I turn to see who has decided to come out now.

A very confused, very nervous Bruce slowly wanders out to see the entire team sitting around in various places outside—thinking. Observing Anson's death. This one hit hard.

How am I supposed to tell him?

He looks around, noticing the somber looks on everyone's faces.

Nat stands near the front door with her arms crossed. Her mascara runs as her tears stream down her cheeks. She looks toward the ground, closing her lids occasionally and sniffling when it becomes too much. Bruce eyes her. She can't even look at him. He faces me now, wide-eyed. He knows something is wrong.

 He knows something is wrong

Bruce walks towards me. I turn away from him, looking out into the field again. When I feel him come up beside me, I get the courage to face him. I fake a smile, my eyes beginning to gloss over with tears. When I feel them building I quickly turn away from him again and I start to walk ahead of him, towards the middle of the field. Bruce follows behind me.

"Tony—what is it?" He pleads with me. I can hear the fear in his voice. He knows.

"Just—take a quick walk with me until we get to the middle. Just a moment longer." I argue.