𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟼: 𝙰𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚛 𝙸𝚜 𝙾𝚗 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙷𝚘𝚛𝚒𝚣𝚘𝚗

[["Flake" -FIDLAR/Ari P.O.V]]

I watch from the hallway, peeking through the glass of the door as Nat works on Grant. I cross my arms tightly, my hair down in loose curls.

"This is a terrible idea." I complain, retuning my attention to Tony, Steve, and Bruce.

"It's the only way." Steve argues. "It's the only way we can know what we're dealing with."

"Provoking him? No offense to my man, here, but we all know what happens when he's provoked. How do we know what Grant is isn't more powerful than what Bruce can become? We could unleash something we are severely unprepared for." I argue in return.

"Well—yeah, that's a possibility—but I helped design this cell we've put him in and that means it's pretty damn good. That thing could hold a damn hurricane." Tony raises his brows, trying to reassure me.

I take a deep breath, thinking hard for a moment. Maybe he's right.

"The other option he gave us was a dirty one. And I don't like playing dirty." Steve says.

"What was the other option?" Bruce asks.

"He wanted to make an exchange; a deal. He'd give us information if we give him protection from Hydra. Since there's more of him, he's expendable. He thinks they're going to kill him for his failure." Steve begins to explain. I look down, taking this information in. I mumble under my breath, "Something tells me he hasn't failed at all."

"His exchange had an insurance policy." Steve sighs.

"And what was it?" Bruce asks.

Steve and Tony look at each other, pausing for a moment—as if arguing silently about who's going to be the one to say it. I watch the both of them, giving them a look of question as I tilt my head. Spit it out, why don't you.

"Arielle." Tony finally says, crossing his arms nervously. He half frowns, pressing his lips together.

I feel sick to my stomach.

Bruce's eyes flash green and he stiffens up. "Absolutely not." He quickly disagrees.

"Why do you think we've got Hawkeye and Black Widow out there? We weren't for it either." Tony reassures Bruce.

"What does he want with me?" I furrow my brows in confusion.

"He wants you in the cell with him while we question him for information in order to ensure that we don't do anything to him. He claimed it was the only way he'd give us the info we wanted." Steve explains.

Bruce takes a deep breath, shaking his head as he peers through the glass—watching Grant. "Unbelievable. I could kill him. I could literally kill him and not even change a shade." He growls.

I swallow thickly, "Maybe that isn't such a bad idea?" I suggest, shrugging.

Everyone's eyes widen immediately, and Bruce looks over at me like what I've just said is about to give him an aneurism. They all look at me in question, shocked by my suggestion. "Are you crazy?" Bruce argues. "What a minute—hear her out. I'm curious." Tony says. Bruce looks at him like he's lost his mind.

"What if...what if we tell him we're questioning him for information. I can go in there with him. I'm trained. I can kick his basic ass if he tries anything funny. Now, if he uses extra strength that's another thing, but I'm willing to get a few bruises. I have a feeling he wont be giving us any real information, this is all just a part of his game. But—I'm the only one who could most likely...genuinely...set him off. I know things. Deep things that could probably piss him off to the point of no control." I explain.