𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺𝟽: 𝙾𝚗 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙼𝚘𝚟𝚎

~Arielle P.O.V.~

I stand in my bedroom, looking down at my duffel bag that lays across my bed. We're really traveling all together for this mission. It's really happening. I'm not sure if I'm ready for it. I take a deep breath, swallowing my fear and insecurities as I exhale loudly. Everything is going to be okay.

"Everything is going to be okay." I whisper out loud to myself. I hear knocks on the doorframe of my bedroom door, followed by a worried tone.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Tony says as he walks in slowly. He crosses his arms, leaning up against the doorframe. He eyes my duffel bag for a moment, and then looks at me again. "...er'...okay with this mission trip, even?"

I sigh, plopping down onto the side of my bed. I give Stark a half frown.

 I give Stark a half frown

"I don't know. No? No, not really. But this is my job and this mission is part of a very personal case for me that I want resolved." I admit. I'm definitely not feeling okay around Bruce. I miss my best friend. Grant killed her. It's time to avenge it all. Tony pauses for a moment, sighing lightly as he walks further into the room, plopping down next to me.

"I'm really sorry about this, new girl." Tony calls me—I haven't heard that one in a while.

"How are they transporting Grant?" I question, changing the subject quickly. My mind is moving a million miles an hour going down the list of everything we have to worry about.

"Well, while he so graciously agreed not to lose his shit, Fury is having him handcuffed with handlers that have vials of sedation just in case he tries to turn into that thing again." He clears his throat, sighing as he looks over at me. I slowly nod, taking it all in.

"How's Bruce?" I ask next.

Tony frowns, "I'm sorry he's been so weird with you." He pauses for a moment, as if he's thinking of the right thing to say next. "I don't want to speak for him, but...he loves you. So much. And I do think, no matter how much it pisses me off, he made the decision to leave because he genuinely thought it was the best and safest thing for you. I think...the neck thing, really terrified him. And...he's trying to gain his control back that he'd lost when he was captured. I do know he is doing better. He's still—." Tony goes on to continue but I interrupt him.

"Still avoiding me?" I raise a brow. I stand up from the bed, crossing my arms as I walk a few feet away. I stand, facing Tony. I half frown, my eyes becoming a bit glossy. I try other everything in me not to cry but right now it seems like that's all I want to do. Tony's words...his mention of Bruce loving me so much that he left to protect me from himself. I...I want to say that I get it and that I understand but it's bullshit. We could've figured this out together. He didn't even give me the chance. And it just...felt so out of the blue. Suddenly he lost control that night and that scared him. But it's always been a risk...I guess I just want to know what sparked his fears and made them worse?