𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟶: 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚜

"Cute, right?" Stark says as he shows me into my new bedroom inside the new secret Avengers Headquarters in Upstate New York. We had to land the hellicarrier for repairs and plus, we believe Viola was on the ship. There's much to be done, and we needed a lab that wasn't completely destroyed—no offense to Bruce.

"Damn, pretty cozy for sure." I say as I walk inside, putting my bags down on the floor. I take a quick look around, noticing my room is actually quite big. I tilt my head, pressing my lips together with raised brows.

"And don't worry

"And don't worry. Bruce's room is just down the hall from yours." Tony smirks as he teases. I roll my eyes, giving him a push as I scoff at him. He starts laughing. I shake my head, unable to hold in my own laugh.

"Don't forget the welcome party tonight. There's gonna be lots of booze—we both know you need some of that." He says as he turns to walk out the door.

"Oh please, we both know you need it more than I do." I say as I cross my arms, raising one brow now. I smirk, tilting my head again. Stark shrugs, nodding in agreement as he pauses in the doorway.

"You're not wrong." He says as before walking out of the room, closing the door behind him.

I sigh, looking around my huge new bedroom. Things have been a bit off the past few days. I haven't spoken to Bruce since he kissed me a few nights ago. He's been cooped up in his room on the hellicarrier and having meetings with Fury until we landed today. I've tried to visit his room a few times but I never got an answer. Has he changed his mind? Is he upset with me? What's he been up to? The anxiety of it all and the unknown has been driving me crazy. These past few days all I've been able to think about is Loki. I've had nightmares, and flashbacks. I've even had a few flashbacks of Bruce changing for the first time in front of me. So much has happened recently. And now this party tonight? What am I even going to wear? According to Stark, the dress code is dressy and fancy. I don't even have anything all that sexy. And it's going to be the first time Bruce sees me in a dress.

I take a deep breath as I feel myself starting to stress, deciding that maybe I should unpack and situate things first. Maybe if I get settled in I'll feel better.

[[ Later that evening; 7:30pm ]]

I raise the curling iron, starting on my hair. I can't remember the last time I dressed up like this. The last few years have felt like tunnel vision as I've focused on one thing only—avenging my parents. I haven't had the emotional capacity to care about makeup or shopping or even going out for a night. There haven't been any dinner parties or nights out on the town. I get lost in my thoughts and my anxiety reminds me that I haven't really put myself out there socially for what feels like a decade. I hear a knock at the door, and I'm forced out of my spiraling thoughts. I look over—curious as to who that could be.

"Coming!" I yell, putting my curling iron down as I jog to the door. I open it up to see a very excited Natasha with wet hair, and a black robe wrapped around her body.