𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟻: 𝙱𝚛𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚃𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚌𝚜

[[music score for chapter above]]

I run to my bedside table, grabbing ahold of my phone. My hands shake as I unlock it, scrolling through my contacts. I quickly send Tony a text as fast as humanly possible.

"upstairs. now. 911."

I drop my phone to the floor, shooting for the last option.

Being brave. Being bold.

I run to Bruce, pulling his changing body up from the ground and pushing him backward until he hits against the wall. His eyes widen even larger as he notices me, the anger trying to take over him as his muscles continue to grow. I watch him as he battles himself. I place both of my hands on his chest, leaning in closer to his growing body as I look directly up into his eyes. His growing hands grab onto each of my upper arms tightly, and he squeezes them as his facial features plead for me to back away.

"Shhh, Bruce—look at me! It's okay! Look right at me! You've got to calm down. Okay? Calm down for me. Please. You have this—you know you can do it. The control is there. Don't lose it." I begin, trying with everything I have to soothe him. To lower his heart rate. He looks down at me, his voice deep.

"Ari?"

"Yes...it's just me. Calm down for me, okay?" I say softly but loud enough for him to pay attention over the change trying to take place. I wrap my hands around his face, tracing my thumbs over his skin softly and delicately.

This gesture halts him for a moment—like he and the hulk both finally notice me and what I'm trying to do. He groans, exhaling deeply as his once furrowed brows relax—his growing muscles pausing.

Suddenly the door to my bedroom bursts open, Tony standing just outside it. He shields his eyes for a moment.

"Oh—you've got to be kidding me. He's naked? You two were—."

"Just help me please." I yell across the room in annoyance.

Tony shakes his head as he rushes over. "Okay big guy. Let's take it down about nine-hundred notches shall we?" He pulls out a large syringe, filled with a light blue liquid. Without even an ounce of hesitation he jams it into the side of Bruce's neck, pushing the liquid in as quick as possible. Bruce's eyes widen, just before the tinted green quickly fades from them. He falls to the floor.

"What were you two thinking? Wait—before you answer that let me answer it for you—S. E. X—." Tony starts but I quickly interrupt him as Bruce's body slowly returns to normal.

"Shhh!" I slap Stark and his childlike antics on the arm.

"Ow!" He whines.

"Are we in middle school? Do you think this is a joke?" I whisper loudly, scolding him. I look down at Bruce, making sure he's okay. "Is he knocked out? What did you do to him?"

"I just gave him some of his sedative. It just forces his heart rate to slow. It's dangerous and it's not healthy for the heart—so he only uses it in emergencies. You said 911 so I figured it was an emergency." Tony explains. He crouches down and covers Bruce with his suit jacket. "Poor guy just wanted to get it in with his—."

"Shut...your mouth. Please?" I interrupt him again, grabbing him and pulling him away from Bruce.

Nat comes rushing in, flying through the door frantically. Her red locks string over her face. "Is everything okay?!" She yells, catching her breath. Tony and I both look over at her as Bruce starts to come to. I hear him groaning, which catches my attention again and I drop to his side.

"All is well. Bruce just—almost had an incident. But everything's fine, now." Tony says as he puts his hands in the air, signaling that everything's fine. Nat shakes her head, her eyes filled with confusion as she moves the strands of hair out of her face. "What happened?" She asks.

"It's my fault—really." Tony admits.

"What do you mean?" I ask, looking up at him as I hold onto Bruce's hand.

"Well, I told him to—you know, well—you know what? Never mind." He stammers, shaking his head as he halts his explanation—changing his mind.

Bruce whimpers slightly as sweat covers his now peachy skin. "My chest feels—tight." He complains, leaning his head back against the wall. "Tight?" I question, realizing the sedative probably did a number on his heart.

"So am I the only one wondering how far you two got before he went all green? I mean—did you guys actually

"So am I the only one wondering how far you two got before he went all green? I mean—did you guys actually...like—."

I snap, "Can we not do this? That's none of your business!" I scold Stark once more, helping Bruce up from the floor. He holds Tony's suit jacket over his bare private's.

 He holds Tony's suit jacket over his bare private's

"Tony leave them alone. Let them put some clothes on—it's our cue to leave." Nat argues, grabbing onto Tony's arm and pulling him along with her toward the door.

"I just—I just want to know!" Tony yells as Nat rips him through the door, closing it behind them.