𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹: 𝚂𝚖𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝙿𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚜

~Arielle P.O.V./"Horizons" -Tim Myers~

I sip my warm coffee as I walk through the halls, headed toward the lab. I take a peak down at my watch, which reads 7:00am.

It's so early.

I toss my empty cup into the recycle bin next to the door before I reach back to pull my hair up into a long ponytail. As soon as the door opens, I see Dr. Banner standing in the middle of the room. He's typing, peaking through a microscope, and tossing around items on a floating screen. He seems a bit lost. I casually make my way inside, the door closing behind me quietly.

"Dr

"Dr. Banner?" I question, waiting patiently for him to turn around as he's completely sunken into his work. He jumps slightly as he hears my voice, surprised by my sudden appearance. He was so invested in reading and working I think he forgot about me coming. He turns, facing me as he quickly takes off his glasses.

"Agent Anson. Good morning." He says warmly as he walks over to his table. "Did you read over the research I gave you last night?" He picks up his coffee cup, sipping it as the steam rises and dissipates onto his face. He eyes me from behind his drink.

I nod as I pull out the vanilla folders and the research papers he had given me last night from my bag, walking them over to return them to him.

"Yes, doctor, I sure did." I say as he grabs them from me. I place my hands on either side of my hips, watching him closely.

"Call me Bruce. Don't worry about the doctor or sir." He says as he lays all the research on his desk. I nod in surprise, smiling in agreement.

"Oh, um—sure. Bruce." He nods pleasingly as I say this, much happier with the way that sounds. It feels weird calling him by his first name. But I guess I'm okay with that. We're gonna be stuck up each other's asses for a while, might as well get on a first name basis.

"You can also call me Arielle, or...even Ari—if you want." I say a bit awkwardly, wondering if it may be a bit unprofessional of me to suggest this despite the fact he suggested the first name basis first.

"Okay. Arielle—or Ari." Bruce says as he half smiles, turning his back to me once again as he fidgets through a bunch of papers.

I nod as I slowly turn to walk over to my area, realizing that I'm holding something back. I remember him saying yesterday that he really wanted me to speak up if I viewed something in a different perspective, or if I had any ideas. And I do. So I decide to lay a few things on him.

"So—I've come up with a few ideas, actually." I begin to explain, bravely speaking up. Bruce tilts his head as he turns his attention toward me again. He crosses his arms, the sleeves of his lab coat strain against his upper-arm muscles. He raises a brow, his eyes looking directly into mine. He gives me his full attention—ready to listen. I cross my arms.