𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺𝟹: 𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚐𝚎 𝟹 𝚁𝚞𝚗𝚊𝚠𝚊𝚢

~Arielle P.O.V./"Mountains" -Hans Zimmer~

I feel horrible leaving in this moment—I want nothing less than to ruin this moment for them. I slip away quickly but quietly, making my way toward the hallway next to the balcony door. When I reach the corner, Scarlett comes prancing inside from the balcony—where Bruce just was. I gasp, my hand rushing to my chest as she scares me.

"Sorry." She smiles shortly, watching me closely before her eyes look toward the direction Bruce went. "Didn't mean to scare you." Her voice trails off.

I pause, "Were you talking to Bruce, by any chance?" I ask, ignoring her apology

She looks me up and down, just like earlier

She looks me up and down, just like earlier. My blood boils. Who does this girl think she is? My smile fades.

"Briefly." She raises a brow as she lifts Bruce's familiar suit jacket from behind her back, pulling it over her shoulders and around her arms. I take a deep breath, tilting my head.

Okay.

Is she being serious?

I know my eyes light on fire, my jaw clenched as I force a fake, sarcastic smile. I tilt my head stepping a bit closer to her.

"What's with the jacket?" I question her calmly, but inside I'm burning to smithereens.

She furrows her brows, tilting her head in return as she gives me the fakest sad face I have ever seen. "I was cold. He offered me his jacket. The nicest guy." Her fake sad face slowly morphs into a devious smirk. She flashes glowing red eyes at me, winking. I gasp, backing away briefly.

What was that?

Who is this girl? And why does Steve like her anyway?

Down the hall where I'd seen Bruce stumbling, I hear the sound of an elevator pinging.

I become so distracted by Scarlett and her glowing red ruby's staring me right in the face that I almost forget for a moment that Bruce is likely struggling and he may need my help.