Chapter 9 - We're Resembling Cutlery

CHAPTER 9

Zayns Perspective

I couldn't be more happier than what I was in that moment. Amanda and I were laying on the couch watching old movies on a lazy Sunday morning, my body curve behind hers with one arm as her pillow and the other cradling her waist.

I sung Little Things softly in her ear, making her blush terribly and giggle. After I finished, I kissed her head and started to draw lazy circles on the back of her hand. Gathering up my courage, I turned Amanda around in my arms until she was facing me. I brushed a stray hair of hers back behind her ear.

I smiled at her and she frowned up at me. "Amanda, I was wondering if you wanted to go out tonight. You know, as a date?" Suddenly, Amanda burst out in laughter, an unexpected reaction to what I thought it would be. "What is it, did I say something wrong?" I frowned at her, but she just laughed more. "No, no, it's not like that. It's just that I feel as if we've known each other for forever and we practically live together, but we still haven't been on a date." She pointed out in a nonchalant tone.

I smile and pulled her close, giving her a sly smirk. "So is that a yes?" She nodded and kissed my nose before getting up and leaving me cold with her absence. "Where are you going?" I asked her, lightly grabbing her hips. "Shopping, duh! I need a new outfit." She pulled away and started to walk towards the door. "Before you ask, I've got my own money." She winked at me and I rolled my eyes.

Secretly, I grabbed a handful of hundred dollar bills and slipped them into the pocket of her coat before helping her into it. Waving her off until she rounded the corner, I closed the door with excitement and nerves bubbling in my stomach.

Amanda's Perspective

As always, this particular London Sunday was extremely cold, forcing me to snuggle down under the folds of my coat to keep myself warm. Shoving my hands in my pockets in an attempt to keep them toasty, my fingers wrapped around something papery. Curious, I pulled it out, only to find a number of hundred dollar bills nestled in my hand. I shook my head with a smile, placing them back in my pocket.

Soon I arrived at a large shopping centre and began to window shop, finding that I could peek into more expensive windows with the help of Zayn. As I started to give up, I noticed a certain dress inside a shop, and deciding it was worth a look at, entered.

The shop was called 'Lisa Mya' and, unfortunately, was extremely expensive. Never the less, I walked over to the dress that had caught my eye and slowly pulled it off the rack. It was a gorgeous deep red number, sweetheart neckline, strapless, tight down it's length and a thin gold belt around the waist. It was perfect.

"And how can I help you today ma'am?" I turned to the tall and extremely thin, blonde shop assistant who was offering me a stiff smile. "Yes actually, could I please try this dress on?" She took the dress from me and headed towards the change rooms. Walking behind her, I flinched at the echoing click of her stilettos on the hard wood floor. "Her you are darling." I thanked her and entered the stall, staring at the dress before me.

Without hesitation, I quickly undressed and stepped into the dress, zipping it up the side. I turned to the mirror behind me and was instantly shocked at the beautiful woman standing in my reflection. The dress hugged her bust and butt, giving her gorgeous curves but yet slimming her in all necessary places. The dress made her look sophisticated and elegant, both at the same time, and I loved it.

Hoping Zayn would love it as much as I did, I took it to the counter and placed it gently on the table top. The shop assistant scanned the tag and looked at me with disinterest. "That's £350 please." My eyes went wide and the amount and I frowned, not sure if I had enough. "Honey, this is actually a cheap dress. If you can't afford it, then I suggest you leave."