Chapter 1 - I Wanna Be Drunk When I Wake Up

CHAPTER 1

Amanda's Perspective

I smashed the glass down and swallowed the tequila, letting it burn down my throat. This was what I needed right now, not a lying friend or a cheating boyfriend, but a reckless night where I couldn't care less if and who I went home with. So when I yelled for another round, I didn't hesitate to throw that glass down too, or the next, or the next.

At one point, a man sat next to me and asked for two shots, sliding one across the table towards me. I didn't bother thanking him and just downed the soothing liquor, the burn having disappeared four drinks ago, or was it five? "I'm Zayn." he yelled over the pounding base. I looked over at him and took in his appearance for the first time.

Dark hair, dark eyes, body covered in tattoos. Two words came to mind as soon as I laid eyes on him; sexy and brooding. "Amanda." I finally replied, turning to him and giving him my best smile. He swiveled around in his chair and looked me up and down, failing at suppressing his smile. I stood up, a little unsteady on my stilettos, and leant into his ear. "Wanna dance?" I asked quietly in my sexiest voice. I pulled slightly away so my lips were only so far away from his and then headed into the throng of the crowd, losing myself in the process.  

I moved my body mindlessly to the thudding base, closing my eyes and enjoying the rush of liquor through my veins. I felt arms circle my waist from behind and I reached up and slowly ran my hand down the strangers' face. "You're a teaser, do you know that?" Zayn murmured in my ear, moving in time with my own body. I turned in his arms and loosely slung my arms around his neck. "No, on the contrary, I had no idea." I said innocently, losing myself in his almost-black eyes. He gave me a half smile and drew me closer. "Well you are, and I like that." he rumbled, before pulling me close and crushing his lips fiercely against my own.

I returned his kiss with matching ferocity, not flinching when his fingers played with the extremely short hem of my dress. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled lightly on his hair, swaying to the beat and forgetting myself. He ran his tongue across my bottom lip before moving in further, making me moan in pleasure. He abruptly pulled away and looked me deep into my eyes.  

"My place, or yours?" I became aware of his hands on my ass and my tingling lips. I licked my bottom lip and met his gaze. "Yours sounds splendid." I emphasized the last word and gave him a cheeky smile. He returned my grin and led me out to his car. It was only a short drive from the club to his place, and I just stared out the window during the ride, humming along to the din of the radio. This was what I wanted.  

Zayn's Perspective

I glanced over at the hot girl sitting in my passenger seat, who was drawing slow circles on her upper thigh. I clenched the steering wheel and focused on the road. Damn was she fit! As soon as I had seen her I instantly wanted her, and it was so easy for me to get her, it wasn't funny. As soon as she stood up, I actually almost drooled. If her extra long legs, curvy hips and amazing rack didn't set me off then it had to be her electric-green eyes or her luscious lips. All I knew was that I needed to take her home. Now. And her adorable humming was just enough to push me over the edge.

We finally arrived at my place and I quickly got out of the car and went around to open her door. She swung her long legs out of the car and stood up, and it took all I had not to pounce on her then and there. I flashed her my best smile and led her into the house, shutting the door behind us. I turned to her and noticed she was staring at my ass. When she saw i had noticed, she bit her lip in an absolutely sexy way, and I could help but grin at this. I felt empowered that I had caught her looking. And I liked that, a lot.

With a growl I picked her up and she looped her never-ending legs around my waist. I carried her to my room, never once breaking my lips away from hers. I practically dumped her on the bed and settled on top of her, kissing along her jawline and down her neck while she ran her hands up and down my back. She was fucking hot! I returned to her mouth and opened her lips with my own, tickling her tongue and smiling into our unforgiving kiss.

What was her name again? Amanda. What a sexy name. I slid my hands down and proceeded to lift her dress over her head, but she suddenly broke off our kiss. I looked into her eyes and to my surprise, saw that she was crying. What? 

Amanda's Perspective

As much as I was enjoying it, I couldn't go through with sleeping with Zayn, it just didn't feel right. I realized that I had never actually intended this to happen, and when it did I instantly regretted it. I didn't want to take my frustrations out on a stranger, it wasn't his fault. 'God you're so stupid!' I thought to myself, mentally cursing my recklessness. I sat up and pushed Zayn off me, wiping my tears away with the ball of my palm.  

"I'm sorry Zayn, I just can't do this." I whimpered, curling my legs into my chest. I looked over at him and saw him clenching his jaw. I felt so slack. Maybe he was right, maybe I was a tease. He looked up at me with dark eyes and a set jaw but as soon as his eyes met mine, the sharpness in his gaze softened and he let his jaw go slack. He sighed and placed a hand on my shoulder. I instantly flinched away and clutched my knees tighter. I didn't like this. I was in a strange place with a strange man...and I felt all alone.  

Zayn's Perspective

Shit. I had gone through all of that to just get rejected. From my own bed. I was about to tell Amanda off but as soon as my eyes locked with her intense green ones, I lost myself. I sighed and reached out with an unsteady hand, attempting to sooth her, but she only flinched away and stared at me with wide eyes. "I'm not gonna hurt you." I crooned, hesitantly reaching out again and inwardly smiling when she didn't flinch away. The alcohol was wearing off and my head was starting to throb, and I SO didn't need this right now. Amanda looked up at me with innocent eyes and instantly softened my mood. She looked so lost, totally different from the sexy and stunning girl I had first seen at the club.  

"I'm so sorry." she repeated, averting her gaze. "No, Amanda, it's okay. Really." I reassured her. She gave me a half smile and released her knees, letting her guard down. "I never actually wanted this. It's just been so hard. I needed to get away. I never meant to use you." she concluded, tilting her head back as swallowing. I still thought she was incredibly hot, but I would never forgive myself if I took advantage of a damaged and obviously hurt girl.

"Do you want to crash here for the night?" I slowly offered. She smiled again and looked down at her hands. "That would be fantastic." she replied, exasperated. I slowly got off the bed as not to startle her and gestured for her to take my bed. "But where will you sleep?" she asked me with pouting lips. "I'll take the couch, it's not a problem." I replied. "Now get some rest, and you can sort things out tomorrow." I finished, walking out of the room and silently shutting the door behind me. 

I lent against it and lightly bumped my head on the door. Geez I was stupid. Here I was, an amazingly attractive woman in my bed right now, and I was inviting her to sleepover, like we were in high school! I made my way over to the couch and pulled a warm, brown blanket onto me, smashing my face into the soft pillow. I needed rest now. If I got some decent sleep then I could at least figure this out in the morning, I hope.