Chapter 6 - If I Fall For You, Would You Fall Too?

CHAPTER 6

Niall's Perspective

"I don't know man, I think there's something else going on." I said, sinking into Louis' couch and popping open a packet of chips. "Maybe...but Zayn doesn't realise what can happen to us if their story gets out. And wait till Simon finds out!" Liam exclaimed sitting next to me. "I don't think there's anything we can do lads." Louis snagged a chip from my fingers and I threw him a stare. "We can be his friend." I said, guarding my chips from him. "We can find out what's going on, maybe then we'll understand." The boys slowly nodded. "Okay, so it's settled, we'll talk with Zayn and see what's going on." Liam concluded, standing up and stretching. "I'm going to head off lads, see you tomorrow." Harry said, grabbing his keys. "Wanna ride guys?" Both Liam and I nodded and said out goodbyes to Louis.

Zayn's Perspective

I woke up in a haze, wondering where I was. Turning over, I realised that there was a blanket caught around my waist. Still half a sleep, I tried to grab the blanket. My eyes flew open when it moved, and to my surprise I found Amanda sleeping next to me. I tried to blink her away but there she still was, brown hair splayed across the pillow as her soft breath tickled my neck. Too suddenly, I sat up, her arm falling from around my waist. Her green eyes snapped open and widened when the saw me. She took in her surroundings with a knitted brow and rubbed her neck, trying to remember. Then, slowly, she raised her wrist and fingered the scabs forming on her olive skin. Her eyes returned to me and I gave her a smile, just recalling myself.

"It's okay babe, I stayed with you." I offered her another smile and got out of bed. Stretching out my back, I let out a small yelp which provoked a giggle from Amanda. I looked down at her as she tried to stifle her giggles in her hair. Her smiling face was like a breath of fresh air after seeing her deep sorrow last night. Her beautiful green eyes lit up when she laughed and I couldn't help by smile back as it was so contagious.

Without thinking, I reached out and brushed a stray hair away from her brow. She flinched back and I instantly realized what I had done. "I'm sorry-I...um...I don't know what came over me..." I stuttered, abruptly getting out of the bed and rushing out of the room.

I stood against the wall as I softly banged me head repeatedly on the cold brick. How could I have been so stupid? A move like that makes everything awkward, and I'm not all for awkward at the moment. I startled when I felt arms circle my waist from behind and Amanda's cheek press against my back. "Thank you." she whispered, squeezing me slightly. I slowly turned in her arms and encircled my own around her tiny frame. "What for, babe?" I asked her with a small smile. "For saving me." Was all she said as she looked into my eyes with her stunning green ones. I slowly leant down until our lips were just a breath apart. I could feel her sweet breath on my lips and my heart thudded uncontrollably. I hesitated, not knowing if this was the right thing to do, if it was the SAFE thing to do. But my mind was silenced by my heart as I closed the space between our lips and gently pulled Amanda closer to me.

Our lips melted together and my stomach completed a series of backflips. Our lips moved in unison as our sweet kiss deepened, turning into the most passionate kiss in existence. I slowly pulled away and rested my forehead on Amanda's. I rubbed by thumb against her cheek as our breath mingled. "You're beautiful." I mumbled, smiling lightly. Her eyes welled as she looked up at me, a slow grin spreading across her face. I crushed our lips together again and I could feel Amanda's grin against my lips. I pulled her even tighter to me, my hands caressing her back as her fingers knotted in my hair.

An abrupt ringing made us both jump apart. I glared at my front door as if it was to blame for our interruption. But no, it wasn't the door, but who was on the other side. I sauntered over and yanked it open, surprised to find my best mates on the other side. "What time do you guys even wake UP at?" I moaned, stepping aside to let them in. All four pairs of eyes landed on Amanda who was awkwardly standing in the hallway with a small frown. "Hey Amanda, how're you doing?" Niall asked with a grin. "Not too bad." She replied, her frown instantly being replaced with a smile.

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked them as they all fell onto my sofa. "We need to talk." Liam stated seriously. "About....?" I pressed, looking at each of them. "About Amanda." He continued, shooting a glance in her direction. "What about her?" I said slowly, unsure of what he was hinting at. "We're not sure that it's the...smartest thing to do." He replied slowly, letting his words sink in. My eyes widened at what he was suggesting. "I can't just let her go. She has no where to go, and she really needs someone right now." I rushed. "Zayn, you have to realize what could happen if people find out about your...story. This is a serious matter." Louis piped up in a cautious tone. "Yes, it IS a serious matter. Amanda is a lost girl who needs some guidance, and I'm offering it to her. I don't CARE what will happen, as long as she's okay!" I yelled, startling them all. "How could you SAY that? You don't even KNOW her!" Harry yelled back.

I felt victimized, four against one was not a feeling I exceptionally liked. Looking at their faces I could see their concern, but they didn't understand. "I know her enough to understand that she needs me." I said slowly. A cry came from the corner of the room and we all looked over at Amanda who had tears streaked down her cheeks. "I'm RIGHT HERE guys! How can you talk about my life when I don't even have a say?!" She screamed. A sob escaped her lips and reverberated through the silent room. "Ridiculous, all of you." The hurt in her eyes was raw as she glared at each one of us. When our eyes met I could feel her pain, how unloved she felt, in this moment especially. "Amanda, I-" I stood and reached out my hand to her, but she only pulled away. "Don't, Zayn. Just don't." She whimpered, before turning and shutting herself in her room.

I turned and glared at the four silent boys before me. "Are you HAPPY now? Get OUT, ALL of you!" I screamed, pointing to the door. In a rush they all scurried out of the house and left me alone. I sunk to the ground and let my head fall into my hands.

And just when things were going right.