Chapter 17 - I Was Told to Put My Job in Front of You

CHAPTER 17

Zayn's Perspective

I awoke suddenly from my dream, jolting myself awake as I shook violently on the bed. My eyes darted around the room in panic, unsure of what was going on. But a calm soon flowed over me when I felt two small hands on either side of my face, caressing my cheeks.

My eyes landed on two large green orbs that were staring at me, full of concern. "What's wrong Zayn? Are you okay?" Amanda asked worriedly, a small crease apparent between her eyebrows as she continued to stroke me cheeks. I sighed in relief before stretching up and meshing my lips with her perfect pink ones, relishing in their taste.

I pulled away and just laid there with Amanda on top of me, stroking her cheek whilst staring into her eyes. "What happened babe?" She asked softly, her hands still resting on my stubble-sprinkled face. "I dreamt that you had left me...But it's okay now, because you're here with me." I replied, giving her a small smile.

Amanda's features contorted into one of shock and disbelief before she buried her face in my shirt, hugging me to her. "I'd never leave you." She whispered, barely audible. My heart jumped and I swear Amanda felt it, because she looked back up at me with large eyes. Without a word, she crushed her lips onto mine once again and knotted her fingers in my hair.

I smiled into the desperate kiss and slowly rolled us over so that I was covering Amanda's small body, wrapping my arms around her waist. I roughly kissed her perfect lips before trailing my lips down her jaw and across her collarbones, brushing her skin with my stubble and making her giggle.

I felt her shiver beneath me before she softly pulled my head up by my hair so that she could look at me. I pouted slightly at being detached from her but she just grinned and pulled me back down so that she could passionately kiss me. I felt Amanda's tongue run along my bottom lip before she bit it lightly, soothing it with yet another kiss.

I pulled back and smiled down at her, taking in her small, beautiful figure trapped beneath me. She raised her hand to touch the crinkles beside me eye, gently running her fingertips over them. "I love you." She whispered, biting her lip nervously and flashing me a smile. I leant down and brushed my nose against hers sensually. "And I love you. But we really can't do this now because we have a management meeting to attend." I explained, watching as she pushed her bottom lip out and frowned. "Don't give me that look! We have to go! Now come on."

I rolled off the bed and pulled Amanda up with me, ignoring her protests. I stood her on her feet and held her at arms length, taking in her appearance. She had one of my worn AC/DC shirts on and nothing else, the shirt coming down to her upper thigh. She looked beautiful.

I smiled lightly and pushed her hair back off her face, stroking her cheek with my thumb. "Although you look absolutely amazing in my shirt, I think it's best if you change into something more...appropriate." I commented with a smirk, watching her blush.

She screwed up her nose ad pushed my hand away before walking over to her unpacked bag and pulled out a pair of jeans and a loose button down. Placing them on the bed, she crossed her arms over her body and grasped her shirt hem. But before she pulled it over her head, she gave me a stern look that literally said; "No looking."

I rolled my eyes sheepishly and walked past her to the dresser, pulling out some jeans and a fresh grey shirt. With my back turned on Amanda, I pulled my jeans on, trying my best not to fall over. I looked up out of chance and my eyes met with Amanda's in the mirror in front of me, her cheeks going red as she was caught watching me change.

I turned to her with a smirk, her cheeks only blushing deeper. "You like what you see?" I asked in a deep voice, advancing with just my jeans on, hanging dangerously low on my hips. She stared at me wide eyed, her signature blush still gracing her cheeks as her mouth hung slightly agape. I stopped in front if her before fingering the buttons on her shirt without popping them open, teasing her subtly.