Chapter 2 - Burnt Lungs, Sour Taste

CHAPTER 2

Amanda's Perspective

I jolted awake, panting as I took in my unfamiliar surroundings. I felt disorientated and I was aware of the incredibly painful hangover I was nursing. I slowly put two and two together and it dawned on my that I must've gone home with someone and-and what? I glanced down and saw that I still had my clothes on. In fact, my stilettos were still clinging to my feet, making them throb painfully. I unlatched my shoes and left the unfamiliar bedroom, swinging the shoes in my hand.

I followed my nose and found myself in a large kitchen where someone was making breakfast. I looked over at the man who was bent over the stove and my jaw dropped when I realized who it was. Had I actually slept with Zayn Malik?! I stumbled toward the bench and sat down on a stool, clearing my throat the get Zayn's attention. His head whipped around and he smiled at me. "Did you have a good sleep, Amanda?" he asked as he placed a plate of scrambled eggs in front of me. I tried to return his smile but my lips failed me, my fear slowly taking over. "Um, I was wondering if you could maybe tell me what happened last night?" I asked him slowly, poking my eggs with a fork. I looked up at him across the table and met his dark eyes. No, not dark, hazel. Those eyes that I had found extremely sexy, now looked like a pair that were smiling at me, forgiving eyes.

Just then memories flooded into my mind from the night before. Me drinking myself silly because of Dan, Zayn and I dancing, driving to his place. Then we were in his bedroom. But did anything happen? I furrowed my brow, why was this bit so hard to remember? "We didn't do anything, babe." he murmured. I looked up at him again and smiled in relief. But, why would someone like Zayn not sleep with a vulnerable girl like me? What happened that he decided to just let me crash at his place? All this thinking was making my head throb and I massaged my temples in an attempt to ease the pain. "Um, why didn't we..." I trailed off, not wanting to finish my sentence.

Zayn got up and went over the the fridge, pouring a glass of water and throwing something in it. He then proceeded to slide the glass over to me and I looked at him suspiciously, but he only sat back down and looked from the glass to me. "It'll help your head." he offered when I still didn't pick it up. That was all the reassurance I needed. I gulped down the fowl drink and smiled my thanks. I was still confused as to what had gone on the night before but I felt relaxed now that I was sure Zayn didn't want to hurt me or kick me out. Not yet anyway.

Suddenly my stomach dropped and I held my chest. I was going to be sick. "Bathroom!" I gasped. Zayn looked worried and quickly ushered me into a while room. I ran toward the toilet and threw up the liquor and my breakfast in the process. I felt hands sweep my hair from my face and rub my back, whilst Zayn made soothing noises. I couldn't believe that I had let myself get like this. I should never had gone out clubbing with the intention to forget my night. I bowed my head as a tear dropped from my chin. What a wreck I was.

Zayn's Perspective

Everything was so different in the morning. Instead of a sexy chic, I had a sick and lost girl throwing up in my bathroom. "It's going to be okay, babe." I softly said while she wiped her mouth on the back of her hand. She stood up and swayed. My arm quickly shot out and held her in place. "Do you think you are steady enough to have a shower?" I asked her, making eye contact. Even though she wasn't the girl I had met last night, her eyes were still strikingly beautiful. I took in her appearance, since everything was different in the morning. But no, she still looked the same. High cheekbones, luscious lips, tan skin, gorgeous curves and those EYES! "Um, yeah, I think I'll be alright." she mumbled. I handed her a towel and gestures to the shower. "Knock yourself out."

I left the bathroom and went back into my own room, collapsing onto my bed. All I needed now was to nurse a bird with a broken wing. I listened to the faint sound of running water and imagined her taking a shower - naked. A smile crept onto my lips and I couldn't help thinking how amazing she would've been last night. I sighed and rolled over, staring at the ceiling. I was NOT the type of guy who could handle a situation like this. I was more like someone who gets a girl, wakes up with her and sends her in her way, barely promising her that I would call her back. But no, this? This was not Zayn Malik. This was more Liam or Niall, not me.

I heard a sudden bang and rushed into the bathroom. "Amanda? Are you okay?" I called over the running water. "I'm fine. Just had a bit of a fall." she called. I heard the water turn off and her hand stuck out from the frosted glass, searching for her towel. Without thinking I went over and handed her the towel. She poked her head out and smiled nervously, taking the towel and disappearing back into the shower. All I wanted was to just get her washed up and then out of here. I leant against the wall and took a deep breath, waiting for her to finish.

Just then she stepped out of the shower with the towel barely covering her body and her hair dripping. Pwoah! I clenched my fists at my sides, trying to keep them from ripping the towel off her body. Her eyes flicked up at me and she instantly went crimson, pulling the towel closer around her tiny frame. "Oh, I'm sorry. I'll go." I mumbled, leaving her to herself.