Chapter 11 - I'll Hold You Tightly, And Give You Nothing But Truth

CHAPTER 11

Zayn's Perspective

The meeting was dragging along longer than usual and I had had it up to my eyeballs in do's and do not's. Management had finally come down hard on us for, and I quote, 'Screwing up and around.', basically saying in simple words that they were trying to stop us from clubbing, drinking, getting tattoos, being caught with girls and the like. The operative word being 'trying' here.

Looking over at Harry, I could practically see him drifting off to sleep, trying to keep his heavy eyes open, most probably due to heavy partying the night before. Scanning the faces of the rest of the boys, I could tell they were just as unaffected by the managements little speech as I was.

"And so I really hope you boys fully understand what all these things can do to ruin the reputation of One Direction. Are we all clear? Is there anything that needs clarifying?" Simon asked from the head of the long conference table. Louis slammed his palm down on the wooden table, startling us all. "It's all crystal clear Simon, I'm quite sure we have no further questions. Can we please be excused now?" He asked in his most professional voice. Simon nodded and gestured to the door, giving us permission to leave.

I bolted up and tried my best to refrain myself from running out of the building. Today had been Amanda's first shift at the pub and she had shot out of the house at 11, leaving no time to talk. Yes, I wanted to be home to ask about her first day, but I also wanted to ask about what had happened last night. The word had slipped out, THE word, and not only was I scared that she didn't hear it, but also that she didn't feel the same way.

I pulled up outside my small house and quickly pushed through to door. "Amanda?" I called, listening for a response. No answer, meaning she wasn't home yet. Lazily dragging my feet, I entered the kitchen and emptied my pockets onto the table top, shedding my coat and dumping it on a kitchen stool. Just to check, I had a quick look for Amanda in the bathroom, just so I knew she definitely wasn't here and doing...something.

Thankfully, she was no where to be found, so I went back into the kitchen and pulled out the ingredients for spaghetti, knowing that Amanda loved the dish. Huh, loved, I wonder if she felt the same way about me as she did pasta. But how was I to ask her? Just come straight out and ask, or just wait for her to say something? I had absolutely no idea.

I was almost finished the pasta when I heard the front door slam, followed soon after by Amanda's arms circling my waist. "Welcome home babe." I greeted her, still stirring the pasta. "Mhm." Amanda replied, attaching her lips to my neck. She slowly kissed up to just below my ear before nibbling my earlobe. A lazy smile crept its way onto my lips as my eyelids became heavy.

Letting a growl escape my lips, I turned and grabbed Amanda's face in my hands, slipping them around the back of her neck and pulling her closer. I walked her backwards until she hit the bench opposite the stove before grabbing her thighs and pulling her up on top of the table, never once breaking our kiss. Her small hands travelled from the nape of my neck, down my back and stopped at the hem of my thin black tee. Not wanting her to be the first to make the move, I slipped my hands up her shirt and swiftly unclipped her bra, pulling a gasp from her lips.

As Amanda slowly started to lift my shirt whilst nibbling my bottom lip, the scent of pasta caught my nose, snapping me back to reality. I hesitantly pulled away from her, pecked her on the forehead and turned to the pasta, quickly shutting off the stove and moving to drain the pasta. "Awe, I was enjoying that." She groaned, watching me finish dinner while swinging her legs from the bench. "Believe me, so was I." I laughed, serving up her dish.

I nodded my head over towards the dining table, carrying out plates over to the already set scene. I placed my plate at the head of the table and put Amanda's down in the seat diagonal from me, pulling out her chair and curtsying with a wide grin. "Why thank you good sir." She batted her eyelashes at me as she sat down.