Chapter 12 - Your Mind Is My New Best Friend

CHAPTER 12

Amanda's Perspective

The irritating ring of the alarm seeped through my empty sleep and I groggily cracked an eyelid open, trying to locate the annoying gadget. Before I could find it, it clicked over to snooze and shut itself off. Zayn rumbled beneath me and I realized I was sprawled across his chest, his muscular arm secured around my waist. His hand travelled up to my hair and knotted itself in my long, brown locks.

I looked up to his beautiful face, noticing that Zayn's eyes were still closed. His plump lips were slightly parted and his eyelashes fluttered on top of his cheeks before slowly opening, uncovering his dark but warm hazel eyes. His lips curled up into a sleepy smile as his hand travelled around to my face, landing on my lips. He slowly ran his thumb over my lips before softly pulling me up to him, replacing his thumb with his mouth.

Our mouths moved together and both of our hands knotted in each others hair, my fingers gently pulling at the soft hair at the back of his neck. Zayn soon broke our kiss and I leant my forehead on his, staring into his eyes. Neither of us said anything, knowing that there was no need for words. Zayn's hands ran up and down my back and his soft smile was reassuring and loving, a smile no one had given me for a while.

My fingers traced over his stubble and I enjoyed the tingling that it left to my tips. I settled on top of him again, laying my head on his chest and listening to his strong heartbeat. His fingers lazily ran through the length of my hair, soothing me.

We fit perfectly, like two puzzle pieces. We had gone through our own battles to find each other and would still probably have to endure battles together, but now I knew that I had finally found the one that had always been waiting for me, the one worth being with. So there was no hesitation when I looked up into Zayn's kind, brown eyes and whispered the words that I had not spoken in a very long time.

"I love you."

Zayn's eyes went wide, as if he misunderstood what I had said. But soon there was no hesitation as he gathered me in his arms and held me tightly, whispering my words back to me. My tears welled up in my eyes as I clutched him to me, not wanting to ever let go.

We lay there for what seemed like hours, but it only turned out to be a few short minutes as the alarm sounded again after its snooze. I groaned, earning a laugh from the gorgeous boy beneath me, and I slowly dragged myself off him, standing next to the bed. "Do you have to go to work?" Zayn groaned, grabbing my hand and trying to pull me onto him. "Yes, I do. But I'll be back around 6:30 and I have tomorrow off." I answered with a small smile.

I went over to the dresser and pulled out my black jeans and white button up shirt, the dress code for the bar. I reached down to the hem of my shirt to pull it over my head but thought better of it, turning to Zayn to find him watching me. "Don't look!" I warned with a raise of my eyebrow. He grinned and squinted his eyes shut. I smiled and changed before throwing my hair up in a smooth ponytail and applying some natural makeup.

"It's okay to look now." I told Zayn, scrambling through my bag to see that I had everything. "Why are you wearing makeup? You look beautiful without it." Zayn asked from the bed. "Because my eyes are puffy from crying and I look like shit." I answered simply. I walked over to him and gave him a light kiss. "See me out?" I asked him, walking out to the kitchen.

I grabbed an apple from the fridge and walked out into the hallway, noticing Zayn leaning against the doorframe of the front door. I gave him a small smile as I walked up to him, pushing past and stepping out into the crisp morning air. "I'll see you this afternoon then." I earned a kiss on the cheek from Zayn as a goodbye and I headed off to the downtown area of our suburb.