CHAPTER SIX

Aquilina quickly dressed after her hot shower and tied up her hair, dressing up in her uniform for school

She entered the elevator tapped the home icon leading her away from their hidden underground training centre. She sighed as her tummy grumbled. But that was the least of her troubles.

~~~~

"If you still think it was your fault, would you do anything to help me as a payback?"

"Okay. Only if possible." Aquilina responded.

"You can. So will you?"

"Okay," Aquilina replied naively, despite the alarm bells going off within her.

"It's a promise. No going back."

She nodded in affirmation and raised a palm, "I won't go back on my word."

"Pretend to date me for ten days." Prince Francesco had said.

Aquilina blinked, "Really, tell me what you want."

"I just did."

"You did not. I hate games, please."

"I am serious. Listen... I need your help with this to get me out of a situation. Come on, you owe me one, right?"

"No, that will be a lie, and I don't like the thought of deceiving anyone."

"Okay, fine. You don't have to say anything. Just ignore them if you are asked."

"No, anything but that."

"Please?" He made an innocent face at her. "Just do this for me? As a friend. I just need you to attend an event with me. And say nothing about us... not even to Javier — for ten days."

"You do not even know me."

"Well, that could be rectified. Come on, you promised. Are you going back on your word?"

She bit her lip and furrowed her brows and wondered, she had given her word. And she is not going to actually be anything to him.

"I'll be in deep trouble if you don't help me. Please?"

"Why me?" She finally asked after a moment of silence.

"You are different — and won't take advantage of the situation."

"Okay, but no funny stuff. No shenanigans. And I won't lie to anyone."

"Deal." And he offered her a ringed hand. The significance of that ring made her question her decision. She had seen that kind of ring before. And an encounter with it had left her broken.

But she had given her word. She reluctantly shook it.

"Deal." And she offered a tight smile.