CHAPTER FIFTY-SEVEN

——————————-

——————————-

"You had promised to make it," Vladimir said to the man whom he had met days prior to invite to the meeting

But he hadn't shown up.

"Why, did you grow cold feet?" He continued tapping his fingers on his desk as he tried to gauge the reaction of the man before him.

"I gave it further thought," the handsome-looking Chinese replied, leaning forward in his chair.

"I can't move forward with it. I'm sorry."

Sighing, Vladimir rose from his seat, pulling out a cigarette as he did. He moved to the large window in his villa's office—where he rarely entertained strangers.

He lit it and took a slow drag before finally turning to stare at the man still seated.

"Are you sure this is what you want?" Vladimir took another drag, trying to calm himself. But his cold blue eyes were afire with rage.

The man in the chair took in a deep breath before rising to his feet. And when he did, he knew he was sure of his decision.

With chin lifted, and a resolute gaze, he reaffirmed his decision.

"I'm certain, Vladimir. I want nothing to do with it ever again."

With a steady gate, Vladimir moved towards him, never diverting his gaze from his face.

"Well, if you're certain you want to give up on the throne and the power now, I won't stop you." He moved even closer to whisper in his ears.

"But if you try to get in my way, I will make you regret the day you were born... Prince Lu Xia." He spat the last words out.

————————-

Aqui knew it had to be done that night. She had a good cover but didn't know how long it was going to last.

And besides, the evidence she had earlier seen in the documents was more than enough and could suffice.

So, Alina's words were music to her ears, as she relayed Vladimir's summons to her.

"The Rukovoditel' said, he wants you to pick up the documents you submitted earlier from his office. He needs them delivered in the foyer. He's meeting someone there."

Aqui didn't hesitate at all, and quickly grabbed her phone, along with her ID, and headed to the task.

————————

Prince Lu Xia was at ease about his decision as he returned to his car.

True, he had almost joined forces with Vladimir. But that was over. He could not let his jealousy take over. He would not.

Glancing at the time on his phone screen, the picture on it assured him he had made the right choice.

It was a collage of the pictures of those dear to him. His real and step-father, his mum, sister, twin brother... and Javier. The brother he had grown to love despite their differences.

Sure, the throne wasn't and would not ever be his. And neither would the last person in the collage—Aquilina.

He did feel hurt, and not a little. But he was glad he had done the right thing. He would let go.

As he was about to put the phone away and start driving, an incoming phone call appeared on his screen.

"Hello?"

—————————

Aquilina felt more nervous than she had ever been in her entire life.

Having delivered the documents to Vladimir, she quickly slipped away before anyone could see or find her.

Alina had mentioned a secret passageway that led from the villa where guards were not stationed. It was a hidden door in the garden.

But getting there unnoticed was going to be uneasy.

Dear God, here I am again. Getting into trouble like the little trouble maker that I am. Please, help this child yet again.

Walking swiftly yet cautiously, she tried to avoid the security cameras with care.

Finally reaching the rosebush which hid the door, she took in a deep breath, looked to her left and right, and advanced.

The metallic doors were locked with a code—which she had known of, thankfully.

It used the latest technology which could be broken into with the aid of her phone and a little bit of coding.

Biting her lip nervously, Aqui was glad when the door unlocked.

She knew her phone could be detected on Vladimir's security radar, but not immediately.

She had a few minutes to flee before she was spotted.

The document from Vladimir's office and phone in hand, she quickly dashed through the door ready to flee.

But she came to a complete stop at what awaited her.

"Where are you headed?" A voice called out from within the tunnel.

—————————

Oh brother! I thought this was published

Oh brother! I thought this was published. I think I felt quite sleepy and forgot to post it up. Sorry about that. Kindly excuse any mistakes in this.

Thanks so much and God bless you.

Love,
Phela ❤️