CHAPTER NINETEEN

"It's been a while, how have you been?" Francesco asked

She noticed how weary he looked. Yet she really didn't feel it was the right time to face him—not after all those days. And she had a lot going on.

"Well," she stretched her arms "I'm still alive."

She forced a tight smile and turned, deciding to leave.

She began to descend when a hand grabbed her elbow.

"Wait, Aquilina! We have to talk."

"No offence Francesco, but please, now won't be a good time for me."

"Just five minutes, please." His eyes were desperate and had turned glassy at that moment, she couldn't turn him down.

"Just five minutes," and she allowed him to lead her back to the place where they had sat to talk what now seemed like centuries ago.

"Before I say anything, I want to first say..." he begun after they were both seated on the bench.

"I'm sorry."

She masked every feeling and nodded that he continue.

He took in a long shaky breath.

"I messed up that evening. You see..."

THE EVENING OF THE EVENT

"I'll be back," I say to Aquilina.

I go on with Alexei and Dimitri, of the Russian Royalty. I don't want to leave Aquilina, but my Father's command replays in my mind.

"No matter how unpleasant it may seem, try to get along with other Royals apart from Javier, Ricci. You'll need their support if you want to make it."

So, I decide to leave and entertain them for a while and return to Lina.

"Want something to drink?" And Dimitri hands me a drink.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Don't you trust us?" Something within me doesn't, but I drink it anyway for the sake of cordiality.