CHAPTER THIRTY - PART B

"Still, you should have told me, Aquilina

"Still, you should have told me, Aquilina." Lu Xia muttered, his face showed he was less than pleased.

"I'm sorry, Lu Xia. I really am," her voice really soft as she responded.

He gulped and glanced away for a second.

"And you're meeting him?"

"Yes, I'm sure I'm even late." She glanced at her watch and muttered something under her breath.

"Fine, but I'm going with you," Lu Xia's face looked resolved.

"And if I find he isn't worth it, be sure I won't sit still. You'll have to live without him..." he looked straight into her eyes.

"Or he might just have to die without you," he then turned to lead her toward the lake. Her apartment was close to it also.

Aqui gasped and followed after him, "You don't mean that."

Lu Xia had always been protective of her. Sometimes, a bit over-protective.

"I do."

But he stopped still and froze at the scene before him, his face turning pale. Aqui moved close to him wanting to see what had so captured his attention.

She gasped. She immediately reached for her gun, taking it out this time.

"Call for help, Lu Xia," she whispered, her eyes not leaving the scene.

"You go," he also replied in a hush. They were glad to be hidden from sight by a huge branch from a tree.

"No, you're injured. Please. I can't back off."

He stared silently at her for a moment, he knew she was right. He was an excellent fighter, but he couldn't help much with his injury.

"Promise me, you'll be careful," his voice was heavy with emotion.

"I promise, now go."

As he left, Aqui refocused on the scene before her. She could see Javier, tied up to the tree, a tape covering his mouth.

Another person was tied up on his other side, a bit obscured from view. He seemed to be in pain, and there was blood on his shirt.

She made out the blonde hair and muscular build. She would know him anywhere—Jason.

Dear God, her heart cried out.

There was more than one attacker this time around.

She had to move. And fast. But she also had to make sure they would not escape. She monitored them closely.

There is a third attacker, she figured out as she counted.

One was speaking into a Walkie Talkie. They spoke with a strange accent.