CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT

You may listen to the above song at the end of the chapter. 😁🤭

————————————————————————-

"Can you taste these for me?"

Javier felt a bit anxious as they waited for Aqui. He wanted to make sure everything was perfect.

"Sure," Skylar smiled mischievously and reached out for a fork.

Taking a little bit of one of the dishes, he brought it to his mouth. He took his time masticating and had an unpleasant look on his face.

"It tastes bad, right? I knew it."

Javier's shoulders drooped as he reached out to take them away. However, he froze in motion when Skylar burst out laughing.

"What?"

"You should have seen your face! Boy, all this effort for my sister, eh?"

Skylar held his sides as he continued to chuckle.

"Don't mind me, it tastes excellent."

————-

"But... someone can infiltrate," Lady Alba said with a mischievous grin on her face.

"How?" That had Aqui's interest piqued.

"I don't know, it just occurred to me. Maybe go in disguise and find out what their plan is."

Aqui drew back, a plan already forming in her head.

"That's a good idea!"

"But, mind you... Vlad owns most of these areas. So it will be very difficult to find out where the hidden places are."

"Can you tell me more about Vladimir, if you don't mind? About his likes and dislikes?"

She had to know more about him.

"Truth be told, Aqui... Vladimir hasn't always been this way. And deep down inside, he has a soft spot for people. His mother died giving birth to him. And his father never really loved him."

—————-

"Is everything done, Suzy?"

"It is. You are ready to enter as soon as possible," Suzy's deep voice came from the other end of the line.

"Perfect," Aquilina responded.

"But..." Suzy's tone sounded a bit worried.

"What is it?" Aqui inquired glancing at her reflection in her front mirror.

"Are you sure you want to do this? I mean, you're going in without any form of protection. Weapons aren't allowed."

"Don't worry, I have to do this."

"If you say so..."

On ending the call, Aqui went over the plan in her mind as she sat in her car.

The plan was simple, she was going to the secret meeting that was to be held during the wrestling match herself.

How was she going to do it?

A fake ID had been created for her. And it had been entered into the arena's employee list. She and Lady Alba had guessed which secret room the meeting was to be held in.

And Aqui's working station was to be close to the place.

Hopefully, they didn't know her identity yet. As Lady Alba had confirmed. Besides, her years in the WACO had taught her to disguise herself without effort.

Change in looks, voice, and even walking.

She wasn't sure if it would work, but for Javier's sake, she knew she had to.

Lord, I know this is probably foolish of me. But please, help me. Into Your hands do I commit this new endeavour.

She was going undercover, again.

---------------------------

Sorry, this is a short chapter

Sorry, this is a short chapter. Kindly let me know your thoughts on it.

Oooo... And Skylar... What do you think about him now?

Much Love.