||ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪-𝕊𝕚𝕩||

Tuesday, December 29th

Alice and Techno took some time to settle back in once they got home. Alice had gotten Zu back from Corpse who sad to see the kitten go. They passed a few words back and forth but he could see how tired she was and sent her home to get sleep.

Only when she woke up, she felt worse than she did the day before. Yesterday, she was just terribly tired and she assumed it was the socializing mixed with jet lag.

Now, she felt hot and uncomfortable and she felt she didn't have the energy to move. She drifted in and out of sleep until she heard a light knocking at her door.

"Come in," She muttered. Techno peeked his head in.

"You're still sleeping?"

"What'd you mean?" She forced out. It was unnatural to be too exhausted to talk.

"It's two in the afternoon..." He leaned against her doorframe. "Are you feeling okay?"

"Exhausted," She replied. She didn't usually sleep in that late. She told herself it's because it's healthy but in reality, it gave her more time to talk to Wilbur.

"Do you feel sick?"

"Why?"

"Wilbur woke up with a fever and sore throat. Asked if we were sick too, he texted you but I guess you were still sleeping," He explained. She felt her heart sink.

"Tell me it's not covid," She exhaled.

"Will said he only has the fever, sore throat, and headache. You know how anxious he gets so I'm sure he did a lot of research as soon as he could. You should probably text Sean to be sure though," Techno advised.

"And you're not sick?"

"I'm fine," He responded and walked over to the side of her bed. "You don't look fine."

"It's really hot in here," She ran a hand through her hair.

"It's not," He sighed and put a hand to her forehead. "You're burning up though."

"Fuck man.." She groaned. "Why me?"

"I'll get the advil," He grimaced.

She picked up her phone and texted Sean and Corpse an explanation, an apology, and a warning to be careful. Both said it was alright, it wasn't her fault, and to get better.

Techno had came back with water and advil for her.  He left to get her quesadillas, since she was in the mood for them.  She then called Wilbur once he was gone.

"Hey," He sounded just as exhausted as she did.

"Hi..."

"So, I'm ill.  I..I don't think it's covid, but I had a fever this morning and I've had a headache all day and I'm really hoping I'm the only one, tell me you're not sick," He pleaded.

"I've got a fever," She said quietly.  She heard him let out a frustrated breath of air.

"I'm sorry, this has to be my fault," He sighed.