Chapter 14

"Hatred stirs up conflict, but love covers over all wrongs." -Proverbs 10:12

Grace's POV

The store was packed. It was like everyone in the vicinity of the store wanted to get one thing or the other. It was a big shock that the aisles were not empty yet.

I squeezed myself through the crowd that had now formed at the paying counter. I grabbed one shopping bag and walked to the vegetables aisle.

I glanced at the long list now and then to make sure I was choosing the right things. If you didn't already know, this was my punishment. Not from my aunt atleast, this time from my uncle.

Back when we were still one big happy family, I remembered my mom and aunt always writing long lists and giving them to my uncle.

His hate for shopping was so much that he would fake head pains just to avoid it. Of course, it would be me that would be told to do the shopping. It was an unending battle between my uncle and I.

As of now, as much as I detested walking down several aisles in search of one product or the other, I had no other option.

"Watch where you're going Mister!!" I screamed as my shopping bag was knocked out of my hands and the contents tumbling to the floor.

I rushed to pick up the things that fell from the bag, making sure to avoid being stepped on by ignorant shoppers. My mood was the worst.

Another set of hands joined me in picking and before I knew it, everything was safely in the bag.

I looked up to meet black orbs and blonde hair. ' Not again ' I mentally screamed.

"Are you stalking me or what?" I shouted not minding the other shoppers that gave me angry looks. Mr Blonde just stood in front of me laughing. Well the only thing he had the right to laugh about was the two feet he had on me. Other than that, I was not sure if I had a funny expression on my face.

I made a move to sidestep him wanting to buy what I had to buy and get back to my aunt and uncle. But as usual, he blocked me from going around him.

By now, I was certain my nose was bringing out smoke. This guy was about to face my wrath.

"Hey Grace. How have you been. It seems like you're always in a mood when I see you." He said now smiling.

" How have I been. How have I been!!. Maybe if I didn't have to see your face everywhere I looked, I would be happy."

" No need to get all angry. I just wanted to see how you were doing. Bye Grace" he said in-between laughs before walking off.

There goes what was meant to be a peaceful day.

-------------------------------------------------------

"Grace why did you take so long in the store." My aunt asked immediately I walked into her house.

" Just met someone that takes pleasure in spoiling my mood." I grumbled

" We'll get yourself into the kitchen and do those dishes."

I resisted the urge to groan in annoyance. My aunt knew just which buttons to press to make me wish I never did some stuffs.

Dishes here I come.

--------------------------------------------------------

My phone beeped, a notification of a message entering my phone.

"Let's meet up at the coffee shop by 9pm. I have a vital information that could change your life." - Unknown

I dropped everything in my hands and rushed to show my aunt the message.

Her silence indicated the storm of questions brewing in her head.

Why couldn't I live a hitch free life?

______________________________
Another update, another beautiful chapter.
Keep reading, voting, commenting and sharing.
Stay safe, stay blessed. - Silee