Chapter 2

"O come , let us worship and bow down:let us kneel before the Lord our maker." Psalm 95:6

Grace POV

The ringing of my phone swapped duties with my alarm as I was woken up from my deep night's sleep. I reached over grabbing the phone, and seeing my aunt's caller ID, I became so happy immediately, she was one of those I valued must in life, like my parents, she made sure my faith in Christ never wavered. "Good morning Aunt, how was your night?.... Good.... I'm sorry aunty, I got tied down in the preparation of the children's surprise party..... Ok, it won't repeat itself..... I'll keep that in mind... And you too... Bye for now."

Since it was a Saturday morning, I was free, and with my aunt requesting my presence in a small gathering consisting of our brothers and sisters in the Lord, close to Church at a little cute garden, I knew I was going to have a blessed weekend. I got down on my knees, thanking God for the grace and mercy I have been drowning in since I was born and praying to Him for a blessed day, with His presence ever near.

Weekends were those period when you could look and reminisce about the past week, and see what you have achieved and was was yet to be achieved, and so I got up, getting dressed in my sports wear - a track pant and a sports top, going for a run. As I jogged on the side of the almost deserted road, I thought back to the past week, from me going to the orphanage, to going to Church for the various life changing services, to taking a leave from my job as a motivational speaker for teens under a private establishment established to bring up hardworking, dedicated and inspired teens, it was all together a blessed week.

"Grace wait up!!"shouted my loud friend Deborah, who lived few houses away from mine, dressed up in a similar clothing to mine with her black natural hair tied up into a bun, contradicting mine which I had let loose bouncing as I jogged, sweating trying to catch up with me. I was a good athlete in school, and with my long legs, and skinny body, I technically had the advantage over other athletes.

"I didn't see you during yesterday's BSG( Brothers and Sisters Gathering), what went down? You know how much I loved it when you were the one to take care of those immature teens, and yet you ditched, leaving me a victim to their torturous childish behaviours!"Deborah exclaimed panting like someone who had just ran from a bulldog. Laughing out loud , I thought back to how my aunty also scolded me for not going to the BSG, and as I explained to Debby how I got tied down, I knew she was on the verge of fainting, so I stopped jogging for us to stroll instead.

"You didn't call me to tell how your family dinner went" I teased Debby.
She was planning on getting married to one of the brothers in our Church, and so the two families had met to conclude the date for the marriage.

Blushing, she replied"Grace!!, we aren't even married yet", and after giving me a mock glare, she continued "It went well though. Can you imagine that Philip has a little sister, you have to see her, she's a bundle of joy, she was glued to me the whole time. I even had the girl to girl talk with her you know. She's a cute 5 year old, and you have to see her skin, it's flawless, it's like she is a little angel. Her brown skin is beautiful, just like yours, but her's glows, like literally glows....." Debby talked continuously, and I couldn't but thank her in my mind for saving me from having a boring start for my weekend.

Thanks for reading guys, hope you enjoyed it, remember to read the book open minded. Vote, comment and share, I'll appreciate that. Have a blessed day - Silee