Chapter 13

"Give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you."- Luke 6:38

Grace's POV

I glued my eyes to my beautiful sandals as i walked behind my aunt. I couldn't raise my eyes to meet the gaze of the church members who preferred talking outside the church while the service went on to listening to the word they came mainly for. I heard them whisper as my aunt and i walked past them. So much for being top-class christains.

My aunt and I sat in the empty seats at the back so as not to distract the on-going service. I stayed mute, only replying to the preachers prayers with 'amen's. Soon, the service was over and my aunt went around greeting the other church members while i followed her like a lost puppy. It was like she ignored my existence but i knew well what she was doing. She was hurt by my actions but didn't want to lash out at me so she ignored me all together.

"Grace, would you kindly get the flowers i got for the church from my car while i greet my other friends." My aunt said. It stung a little that she was acting formal with me but i knew i deserved it after ignoring her calls and her messages.

I made my way around the many bodies discussing inside and outside the church, successfully avoiding the women who loved discussing the personal issues of others while evading theirs.

My aunt's car was parked at the beginning of the path that led up to the church. My no.1 mission was to avoid anyone who wanted to talk to me. I had pending issues to solve rather than listen to cunny sisters.

The journey to the car was long, and by the time i had gotten to the car, my legs were cramping from my bends, runs, hides, and turns.  I quickly grabbed the flowers and turned, only to be met with an unfamiliar face. A silent scream left my lips as i shivered in fear. Was i going to be kidnapped? Was no one going to save me? Wild thoughts ran through my head.

"Hey, im new to this church. I saw you struggle with the flowers so i came up to help you." I ran out of thoughts immediately. I couldn't even remember myself struggling with the flowers. It's not like it was a truck of flowers.

"I'm perfectly fine thak you" I responded trying to make my way around him. As tall as I was, i felt weirdly short near him. 

"I insist." He blocked me from leaving. 

"How am I sure you have no evil intention?" I asked the blond new comer in Church.

"Psalm 44:21- would God not find this out? for He knows the secret of the heart." he replied. 

'Impressive' I thought.

"Bible quoting are we? well even the devil knows the Bible so excuse me before i scream 'kidnapper' right now. and don't think i can't cause i can."

This got him moving away from me and i made my way into the Church this time with confidence in my walk.

________________________________________________________

Hey people!!!!! I'm on cloud nine right now. My book just hit three hundred reads. Thanks for the love. Continue reading. Continue voting. Continue sharing either by mouth or by fingers. Stay tuned. Stay blessed.