Chapter 12

"Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God."- John 3:5

Grace's POV

I gulped down a cup of water in a blink as my eyes wandered around me. Monday was a preview of the horrible days I had coming my way. Tuesday was full of tears. Wednesday was full of anger. Thursday was full of tears again. Friday was no better, I had to go for a students orientation program and let me just say i succeeded in having almost ten teachers of the school walk up to me to ask me what was wrong. A very drama filled week right?"

"Hey Gracie. Thank you for meeting with me here." My boss said as he made a way around me to the chair situated in front of me in the small cafe five minutes away from the office. I had become the hot gist of the office. My fellow workers who had been craving for something to gossip about after the affair of my boss had gone stale, made it a mission to suck me dry of anything they could talk about.

"No problem sir. You must have something very important to say." In my head i was praying to God to not let my boss say anything about my recent behaviour. But who was i kidding? He was the owner of the company after all, he surely knew everything that happened within the four corners of the office.

My hands began to shake immediately i heard what my boss said next. "Gracie, we both know why i called you here. I don't want your fellow colleagues listening in on our conversation so i told you to meet with me here. What exactly is going on Gracie."

What could i say? That i was been stalked or that someone i hoped had come out of jail in a body bag was back in designer clothes? I took the glass of water i had ordered immediately i had entered the cafe and took three sips of water. I stared blankly at my boss letting him know that i wasn't going to say anything about what was currently happening to me.

"I won't pressurize you Gracie, but i won't act like nothing is going on either. Gracie I'm sorry to say this but i would have to send you on a forced leave. I'm not sacking you, I'm just giving to time to get yourself together from whatever has you troubled. Ill give you two weeks break, and Gracie i pray that is enough time for you. Goodbye Gracie."

No words could come out of my mouth as my boss walked out of the cafe and into the busy street. A week into my resumption at work and i was given a forced leave. I sat rooted to my seat for almost ten minutes before i gathered my things, paid for the water i ordered and walked into the busy street not knowing what God had planned for me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Grace why have you been ignoring my calls. This is so unlike you. What is wrong please speak to me." Debby said immediately i opened the door to let her into my apartment after her continuous knocking.

"Grace, don't ignore me. I'm not leaving here until you answer me. I thought i was your best friend? Why are you acting so closed off. Did anyone say something to you? Don't leave me standing here. Grace! Grace!"

I walked off in the direction of my room not wanting her to see my tears destroyed face. Its been two days since the day i met my boss. Today was a Monday. Not wanting to face anyone, I had stayed at home something i knew deep down was not a very wise decision. My phone was full of several missed calls and text messages from my aunt, Debby, my boss and other poke nosing colleagues and church members. 

Debby closely behind me was quick to stop me from closing my rooms door. "Grace, speak to me." Debby said with a soft voice.

That was the key to the drums of tears that i had succeeded in keeping at bay.

I broke down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Its fine baby girl. Let it all out. I'm here for you. Everything will be fine." Debby said stroking my unkempt hair as i cried on her shoulder. I had been crying for the past five minutes and like the best friend that Debby was, she had been consoling me.

"H-e broke me Debby. He took all i had. He made me go against my parents. He made me go against  all the morals i had been taught. I thought he was the one for me. Goooooddd...forgive me God. I didn't know what i was doing at that time was wrong. He told me to do this and i did it. He told me to do that and i did. I was a puppet in his hands. He destroyed me. I'm just a fragment of what i used to be. He's back to do something worse, i know it. He wants to finish me and there's nothing i can do about it. I'm done for Debby." I cried, now staring Debby dead in the eye. She hadn't seen this side of me. I felt so vulnerable. I felt so useless. Little drops of tears fell from her eyes as she listened to me. I felt so terrible. I felt empty.

I made a move to go away from her but she dragged me back and hugged me. The room was bursting with emotions. She rubbed my back softly, and whispered things about the goodness of God and His glorious ways of doing things.

The last thing i could think of before i went into a deep slumber was how distant i had been from God in the past week and how I had neglected him and relied on myself for help.

"God forgive me." I whispered as my drooping eyes close shut.

________________________________________________________________________

What's up people. I hoped the emotions of this chapter pierced through your heart. Like and comment as much as you want, it costs nothing.

For a change, feel free to ask me any question.

Enjoy your day. Peace. ~Silee.